Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

This doesn't look right

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 06:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default This doesn't look right

Now I realize the torque arm and driveshaft are out, but should the rearend be pointed to the moon like this?

I apologize about the pictures, I was a little low on light. On the passenger side the spring is touching that bracket where the panhard rod bolts up, it actually looks like it has been rubbing there. Its a Moser 12 bolt with welded on LCA relocation brackets, I have the LCAs in the lower hole.

I had a thread about vibration a few months back, I don't know if this could be one of the issues? I have a question about the sway bar also, it looks a little funny, should I loosen it up and put weight on wheels and then tighten it?
Old 05-23-2011, 07:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 134 Likes on 118 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

that's normal for with the torque arm out,the sole purpose of the torque arm is to align the rearend input(pinion) to to tranny output shaft. LCA & panhard position it,torque arm aligns it.
As in the pics,the rear can pivot rearward on the LCA points and is being rotated to the rear of car by coil spring pressure,since they're located on the back side of the housing.
Are the chick-fil-a on Rt50 cruise-ins still occurring ?
Old 05-23-2011, 10:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks! I'll check it again once the torque arm is back in.

Yep so far as I know. My car has been down for three weeks and I have a night class on Thursdays now, so I haven't gone in a while. You headed down this way again soon, or is that an annual trip?
Old 05-24-2011, 06:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 134 Likes on 118 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Want to get to Busch Gardens to ride the 'Cheetah run' coaster.
Had plans to go to Spring Hill this past November while down there for the Turkey Rod Run,my daughter lives in Spring Hill but we couldn't connect so I ended up not going to Spring Hill.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Ah gotcha, been hearing commercials about the coaster. I haven't been to Busch Gardens in so long, I haven't even rode Sheikra yet. I think the last time I was at Busch Gardens was 2003 or 2004? Even then was for whatever they call their Halloween event. Pretty strange I haven't gone, I love coasters and its less than an hour away.