Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Need help from fueling experts for a F1 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 02:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need help from fueling experts for a F1 camaro

Ok so let me start by saying I did a search and found some related information but I need to dig a little deeper into it. I have a 2000 SS with a F1/370 combo. I've been running a returnless style system until the other day. I ran my crossover to my regulator and ran it to my EVAP line for a return. I blew air through my EVAP line before hand and everything seemed fine. I filled my tank and drove up to my buddies garage...it was about a 80mile trip with no problems. I go to put gas in the car and bam...its not taking much fuel. It took about 1/4th tank and just spilled the rest on the ground from some where high on the tank (fuel was running down from up top). I try running a coat hanger down the fill neck and no better results. I also tried cracking the line loose from my regulator to the EVAP line to try venting it. I think there's pressure built up in the tank and I can't relieve it. Any advice? Is this return style feasible? I just cut the access panel in the rear to get to the pump hat as well.

Chris
Old 05-31-2011, 04:12 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You hooked the EVAP line to your regulator? Did you disconnect it at the charcoal can and connect it directly to the fuel tank? If not all you did was fill your vent can with fuel and destroy it.

First off the EVAP system is very good venting system and should have been left intact. Return line needs to go from the regulator directly back to the tank.

Give me a call I can help you get it setup properly.