Sponsored by:

72 nova reuse stock tank

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 10:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 72 nova reuse stock tank

Folks,

I'm putting a lq4 into my 72 and am finally at the point of working on the fuel system (I had to replace the trunk floor and that took a while). I picked up a walbro inline pump a while back and am looking at reusing the stock tank. I think I finally found a diagram for fuel system bits and pieces here:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...em-design.html

I've replaced the pickup in the tank with a big block one that has a feed and return already so I'm thinking I can use the big line to feed the inline pump and the smaller line as the return.

My main question is if I'm using the stock tank, what do I do with all of the vent lines in the front of the tank? Cap them keep them hooked up? Do I need a different fuel cap then the one that's on there?

Can someone really dumb down all of this plumbing?

Thanks all!
Mike
Old 06-01-2011, 09:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I reused the two vent lines, one went to a carbon canister, the other was just a regular vent like I believe, I capped the feed and return line. I went to a radiator shop and they welded a competition engineering sump onto my stock tank for only $70. Im using a walbro 255 inline pump with a trick flow pre-pump filter, then going to a corvette fpr. Hope this helps.
Nick

Quick Reply: 72 nova reuse stock tank