Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel pump selection, E85 Carb, Fox body.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel pump selection, E85 Carb, Fox body.

Hey guys,

Im building a 370ci LSX with l92 heads, super vic l92 intake, and a quickfuel Q-850 E85 carburetor. Obviously i'll be running E-85, This set up should make around 550 Flywheel horsepower (will be going on an engine dyno) It is going into a 1991 Mustang Notchback. I'm now trying to figure out my fuel system as i am new to this carb stuff. Im going to be purchasing a Jegs brand 12 gallon fuel cell. I'm trying to find out what fuel pump and regulator i need, and if i need a return? I plan to put a fogger or plate nitrous set-up on the car in the future. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, what all do i need for mouting a throttle cable, Carb inlet fittings, regulator, all that jazz for a carb's LSX Fox body. And what length AN lines, etc.

Thanks,
Joe
Old 06-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Launching!

Nobody?
Old 06-11-2011, 02:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This is a pretty good link that I pass on whenever people ask about return vs. returnless lines

http://www.centuryperformance.com/fu...e-spg-140.html

They also have quite a few tips on pump and line sizing, but don't know how that applies to E85. As for gas, the numbers in the link as far as pump size and line size are kinda conservative. Guys on here regularly run more HP with less of both than they recommend.

I don't think there are many people who have set their cars up for carbs and E85. At least they don't post much. Probably why there isn't much response. I also don't know how much E85 changes things from gas.

If I were you I would run 1/2 in supply and return (AN-8) because you are pushing some pretty good HP and I know it takes a lot more alcohol flow than gas. I think most pump manufactures have both alcohol and gas versions. Anything over 100 gph should be good I would think.

I would (and do) run a return line. Makes the pumps live longer and you don't have to worry about vapor lock.

Just found this link with a pretty good tips page. they say E85 needs 25% more fuel system than straight gas. they also say to not go to E85 on a car that doesn't get run at least weekly. Interesting.

http://www.e85carbs.com/
Old 06-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Launching!

appreciate it man, i found that first link just a bit ago and it answered most my questions. Im definatly doing a return style, gonna call up quick fuel monday and get there advice then get it ordered.

Quick Reply: Fuel pump selection, E85 Carb, Fox body.