Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: Single turbo kit for LS1 fox body

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 02:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default WTB: Single turbo kit for LS1 fox body

Looking for something that someone has built and wants to sell, or would be interested in having one built for my car. Looking for good quality, no junk.
I need something that will support a max of 1000 hp, but will work well around 800.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

b&g turbo makes a kit for the ls1 fox. i dont think any vendors do thats the only reason why im throwing it out there. ANy of the vendors could fab up a kit for you though im sure.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ahh ok, didn't know about b&b. Thanks I'll look into them.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ur best off Contacting Josh, B&G's kit will only support up to a PT78 on a T4 flange.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Josh??
I spoke with B&G today, wasn't crazy about their kits. Said the kit is designed around truck accessories so he said there would be no guarantee of fitment with my F body stuff and the kit won't fit with my LS6 intake either. The price was kind of high, considering it wouldn't be tailored to my setup exactly. I guess it would seem my best bet will be if someone wants to sell a nice DIY setup that is complete. Unless another company can at least assure fitment for a $5k price tag.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by RATBOX
Josh??
I spoke with B&G today, wasn't crazy about their kits. Said the kit is designed around truck accessories so he said there would be no guarantee of fitment with my F body stuff and the kit won't fit with my LS6 intake either. The price was kind of high, considering it wouldn't be tailored to my setup exactly. I guess it would seem my best bet will be if someone wants to sell a nice DIY setup that is complete. Unless another company can at least assure fitment for a $5k price tag.
talk to Rob at modularturbo hes putting together extremely affordable kits and is willing to do nice custom setups as well for reasonable prices. ill be calling him today about a custom kit for my ls1 fox.

also kentucky turbo does oustanding work from what I have seen on here if you want to contact them.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Talk to SRE down in Wichita. Site sponsor and builds a good number of kits for all types of cars. Has built a couple for me in the past.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gabbiani
Talk to SRE down in Wichita. Site sponsor and builds a good number of kits for all types of cars. Has built a couple for me in the past.
Just tried to call them, was excited because their not too far from me, but the phone is disconnected.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Josh??
Originally Posted by itsslow98
also kentucky turbo does oustanding work from what I have seen on here if you want to contact them.
Josh is the owner of Kentucky Turbo.

DBRods also does some awesome work from what Ive seen but he's in TX.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:53 PM
SRE
FormerVendor

I wasn't aware we were having phone difficulties. I will have to look into it. I might have been on the line and it didn't redirect to voicemail?

Try giving us a call again. or feel free to PM me your number and I'll give you a call. I apologize for the inconvienence, but look forward to speaking with you soon about your project. Thanks!
Old 06-22-2011, 02:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

PM returned.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1PUNK
Josh is the owner of Kentucky Turbo.

DBRods also does some awesome work from what Ive seen but he's in TX.
Location isn't of much concern, but finding a place that has a reasonably priced kit($5k and no guarantee of fitment is comedic) to fit my setup and can ship it out with a fairly good idea that'll fit without a great deal of hassle is looking unlikely it seems. You'd think there'd be more market for it, LSx swapped foxes seem to be pretty common anymore. If I was in the business, I'd attempt to corner the market since hardly anyone is selling a ready to go kit. Of course you'd have to stipulate supporting part requirements such as k member and radiator, etc. But still, no biggy.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by itsslow98
talk to Rob at modularturbo hes putting together extremely affordable kits and is willing to do nice custom setups as well for reasonable prices. ill be calling him today about a custom kit for my ls1 fox.
Spoke with them at ModularTurbo, seem like cool people to do business with. Looked at some of their kit pics, looks like NICE work. But, problem again is that those are F-body kits and it'd be a matter of tailoring it to my Mustang. Lot of "should fit" thinking, nothing wrong with that, just not what I'm looking to get into. I built a turbo setup for one of this car's sbf combos years back and it was along the same lines. Worked well in the end, but was a PITA to get it there.

Thanks for the input though, I think a friend is thinking of ordering one of their kits for his Z28 after I spoke with him about them today.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Spoke with them at ModularTurbo, seem like cool people to do business with. Looked at some of their kit pics, looks like NICE work. But, problem again is that those are F-body kits and it'd be a matter of tailoring it to my Mustang. Lot of "should fit" thinking, nothing wrong with that, just not what I'm looking to get into. I built a turbo setup for one of this car's sbf combos years back and it was along the same lines. Worked well in the end, but was a PITA to get it there.

Thanks for the input though, I think a friend is thinking of ordering one of their kits for his Z28 after I spoke with him about them today.
No problem man I didnt get a chance to call them today. Maybe once your buddy orders a kit youll be able to look it over and see about what it'd take to work in the mustang. Good luck keep us updated as that is my ultimate goal with my car. 408 turbo.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ttt

Leaning more towards picking up someones DIY kit they're looking to sell, or someone who has a DIY kit they can duplicate at a cost.

Quick Reply: WTB: Single turbo kit for LS1 fox body