Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very important question

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very important question

i have a good question if you just got your car tuned and it still dosent runs right like surging, having trouble starting, and selonoid codes and you just paid ya dame money what would u do?! please ANSWER!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 08:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

I would spend my time sending the tuner a email or calling them instead of fussing about it on online.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:41 PM
Teching In

U aint lyin go. talk to em man
Old 06-28-2011, 11:43 AM

i be tellen ppl dont mess wit steave no tuning ls1 a$$
Old 06-28-2011, 01:19 PM
FormerVendor

I consistently see one tuners tunes that have issues. Every time it has been on a “Startup Tune”. This tuner is providing a service. The price he charges is inline with a startup tune. A startup tune will get you to a dyno tuner or get you on the way to tuning the car your self. It may have issues. It may be a Speed Density tune. I have come to understand that this tuner is providing a GOOD service at the appropriate price.
I guess my question is did you purchase a Startup Tune?
Old 06-28-2011, 04:46 PM
On The Tree

No he didnt get a startup tune, He payed for a tune for a cam only TA, that was put on the dyno. The tuner he is referring to is a guy at a local(new orleans) shop that is badmouthing EPS(Geoff) all the time blaming him for peoples tune problems in an attempt to build him on rep for business. I wont mention his name for he has done ok work for the new orleans mustang community, but when it come to tuning an F-Body, or any other LSX vehicle, he is the worst. He idles cars at 1500 rpm to stop them from cutting of an blames the parts that u purchased as faulty(but when u go to get scanned OBD2+snaptools, nothing is wrong with your parts.) Dont know if he has been to a tuners class but i wish he did go or at least consult with Geoff at EPS or anyone that cant help his tuners skills. Consult instead of insult because its pretty fucked up that when mutiple cars have come to u an the problems that u have in regards to a tune that u have on a dyno with a wideband u cant fix or understand but when the same vehicles computer is bought to Geoff at EPS without the car Geoff can tune it without the car even being there, shows the difference in experience and class because on multiple occassions that this tuner has fucked up, Geoff never said a bad thing or blame u as a tuner he just fixed the problem, Its sad the the New Orleans area has to travel to Baton Rouge Or Walker to EPS or Futral to get a Damn tune when his shop is ten minutes away from any part of New Orleans an his is contantly blewing motors on dynos, overcharging for labor, revealing customers setups, lying about his own mistakes instead of joining forces with the better more experienced lsx tuners an engine builders.

Same guy also that doesn't check ptv on head cam setups that he suggest when before or after installing things on vehicles.

This is not an attempt to ruin a persons rep or business but it is what it is. This is not a one time occurance either. I know that hawk2002 can speak on every story that i mentioned in my rant about this shop. I WISH HE WOULD GET HIS ACT TOGETHER AN HELP OUT THE LOCAL LSX COMMUNITY! SAD, SMMFH
Old 06-28-2011, 04:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mr Piston
i be tellen ppl dont mess wit steave no tuning ls1 a$$
Even thou i agree to an extent it is fucked up that u put his name on ls1tech, he isnt a sponsor so dont even give him the credit of having his name as a lsx tuner, builder, or anything else on this site. Who are u?????? Are u from new orleans? u are always talking **** on the greasy talk board! Have u ever even dealt with him?
Old 06-28-2011, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by DaFireMan
Even thou i agree to an extent it is fucked up that u put his name on ls1tech, he isnt a sponsor so dont even give him the credit of having his name as a lsx tuner, builder, or anything else on this site. Who are u?????? Are u from new orleans? u are always talking **** on the greasy talk board! Have u ever even dealt with him?
yea one of my from the west bank put the word out on em. yea im from new orleans uptown 3rd'n g but i stay on the west bank in marerro.