Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Loud Front Suspension Pop

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 08:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loud Front Suspension Pop

I've read a few things around here and checked the things I no to no avail. Going to try and get the suspension inspected but even then what I am told might not be the fix so looking to get some more opinions.

When the car is on the ground full weight on the suspension and I turn the front wheels left or right about 1 1/2 turns I get a loud pop. The wheels can physically be seen jolting. Pop happens at the exact same spot everytime. When driving no issues ever no thuds over bumps, no pops when rolling.

Jacked the car up in the air and checked to see if the ball joints / tie rod ends might have play in them. Was unable to locate any play or issues. Everything seems tight. Had my dad help me with a crow bar to confirm this.

What else should I be looking at? More than happy to replace a bunch of parts since the car has 130k+ miles on it but don't want to lower the jack and have it just do the same thing again. Front struts have.. 40k ish miles on them. Everything else is a mystery if the previous owner replaced them or not.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:27 PM
Launching!

Any ideas? Glad to check everything and take a video if necessary...
Old 06-28-2011, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If its the same spot, both directions when the car isnt moving, I would start with the rack and have it checked out first
Old 06-28-2011, 11:35 PM
Launching!

That's what I was thinking originally figured something in there could be slipping. I can turn the wheel either way and get the pop.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Start at something easy and free, check that your springs aren't twisted around. I had hell tracing a similar pop and all I had to do was check that my springs were seated right. Put her on the jack and rotated the spring x degrees to sit right and the noise was gone.

Quick Reply: Loud Front Suspension Pop