Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Massive audio rk6

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 04:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Massive audio rk6

Has anyone ran Massive Audio RK6 component speakers in the front doors of a 4th gen f-body? Has anyone heard how they sound, they look like well built speakers for the money and should hold up well. Any input would be appreciated, i'm between a pair of the Massive Audios and Type R's.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Massive Audio RK6 is a great set of speakers. I have ran them before and I did like them. It was for a customer who wanted a Massive Audio full system in which I used the RK6 in the door panels and the DC10 in the rear.
I have Massive Audio and have 2 sets of RK6 in stock. I get get you a great deal on a set if you want them.
I also have 2 DC10 Massive subs in stock which Massive doesn't even have in right now. I bought them awhile ago.
They will be a VERY tight fit in the stock mount in a Firebird stock mount. They will fit in a Camaro stock mount though as they are different and the Camaro mount will fit in a Firebird and is about .5" deeper.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:32 PM
Banned

For the record there is no comparison between the Massives and the Type-R. The Massive speakers are much better....nothing against the Type-R, I have those as well but the RK6 is very good.
Shoot me an email: keeaudio@bellsouth.net
Old 07-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Launching!

Hmmm...so your saying that the RK6 WILL fit a camaro door with no modifications? I have the CK6's and I will say its better than my previous Diamond Audio and previous Boston Acoustics setup. I do like the RK6's I just thought they wouldn't fit...hmmmm...
Old 07-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Banned

They will fit in a Camaro mount. It is tight but they work. They do not fit in a Firebird mount as they are very different as far as where the speaker goes but the same in how they mount so you can put a Camaro mount in a Firebird. You may have to trim a little off the back of the mount for the RK6.
If I could find my other Camaro mount I have around here for testing purposes I can tell you for sure but I did fit a CDT M-6 in one and it fit fine. The RK6 is about the same size.

Quick Reply: Massive audio rk6