Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Need Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 01:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need Help!!!

So today my car started acting up a little bit. When Im driving normally and hit a small bump, or step on it, These lights start flashing, and then the air bag light stays flashing for about 4 or 5 blinks, then stops, and it happens again. I happen to flash my high beams today and it turned off on me. Whats going on? I need your help.

View My Video

sorry for the crappy vid, but I hope its enough for you to understand the problem, if you know it. thank you.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:42 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.z/28
So today my car started acting up a little bit. When Im driving normally and hit a small bump, or step on it, These lights start flashing, and then the air bag light stays flashing for about 4 or 5 blinks, then stops, and it happens again. I happen to flash my high beams today and it turned off on me. Whats going on? I need your help.

View My Video

sorry for the crappy vid, but I hope its enough for you to understand the problem, if you know it. thank you.
ether its your alternator ready to give out , or your BCM taking a dump theres a fix in case u wanna double check your BCM(before you do, have u had any problems with your stereo randomly turning off or any other electrical issues?)
Old 07-12-2011, 01:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Check your charging system, battery, connections. Is your battery tied down as it should? Any major work done lately?
Old 07-12-2011, 04:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 0235SS
ether its your alternator ready to give out , or your BCM taking a dump theres a fix in case u wanna double check your BCM(before you do, have u had any problems with your stereo randomly turning off or any other electrical issues?)
Stereo randomly turns off, yes, and when it does, it goes on and off for a few seconds then comes back again and works good, but after a while it happens again. Yesterday was the first day the lights came on, and air bag light flashing for a few seconds. I woke up today at 5am to go to work, it gave me a low low idle, then it recovered and when I put it in reverse it turned off. turned it back on again and drove to work and when I got there I disconnected the battery for an 1hr or 2. I went out to lunch, it turned on fine, drove fine, thought problem solved, guess not. Right when leaving work I turn it on, and everything went out. no lights, no cranking, nothing. 10 seconds later it turns on. Im furious.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mannyman84
Check your charging system, battery, connections. Is your battery tied down as it should? Any major work done lately?
Battery is tied down. no major work. Its a stock DD for work.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mr.z/28
Stereo randomly turns off, yes, and when it does, it goes on and off for a few seconds then comes back again and works good, but after a while it happens again. Yesterday was the first day the lights came on, and air bag light flashing for a few seconds. I woke up today at 5am to go to work, it gave me a low low idle, then it recovered and when I put it in reverse it turned off. turned it back on again and drove to work and when I got there I disconnected the battery for an 1hr or 2. I went out to lunch, it turned on fine, drove fine, thought problem solved, guess not. Right when leaving work I turn it on, and everything went out. no lights, no cranking, nothing. 10 seconds later it turns on. Im furious.
ok its kinda hard to see where the problem is because of the low idle, ether way try this

https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-l...ems-fix-4.html
Old 07-12-2011, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

you may be furious
but are you fast and furious also
Old 07-12-2011, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Raptor_WS6
you may be furious
but are you fast and furious also
lol
Old 07-13-2011, 05:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

so would anyone be willing to fix my BCM for $$. Im on budget.