Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6L80E Solenoid Pack

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 04:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6L80E Solenoid Pack

Hi

I just joined this forum and this is my first post. I'm on the LS1 Forum here in Oz.

My gearbox died recently and I bought a range of performance parts from PATC and Bowler. I;ve had them fitted and everything is fantastic except when shifting up from 1st to 2nd. It hesitates and then engages as if in stages. We're worried it will destroy 2nd. When in second, you can stand on it hard and it's fine and goes into 3rd very well. It changes down well too. Tried tuning the problem out but no luck. So we think it must be the solenoid that controls 2/6. So I want to buy one.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Regards, Dan
Old 07-18-2011, 09:20 AM
FormerVendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I would suggest looking at the tune again, these are very intense on getting the tune right. But how bad was the failure? It could have some debris in the solenoid. You can also do a bench test with a Tech II, need a special adapter though.

Chris
Old 07-18-2011, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Circle-D
I would suggest looking at the tune again, these are very intense on getting the tune right. But how bad was the failure? It could have some debris in the solenoid. You can also do a bench test with a Tech II, need a special adapter though.

Chris
Hi Chris

Thanks for that. We'll look at the tune again. The solenoids have been cleaned. The failure wasn't bad but enough to make us think that if we were to do on full throttle, it could slip the cluthces and do some damage.

I'll ask about the bench test.

Regards, Dan

Quick Reply: 6L80E Solenoid Pack