New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

93-'02 window problems NOT REGULATOR

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 93-'02 window problems NOT REGULATOR

i don't think i'm on the right thread,but here goes anyway.i've searched high and low including chevy dealers,who ALL say this part is discontinued.here's the issue:drivers side power window is off the track.i had a brand new ac delco regulator,and motor installed at a glass shop,same problem.they were happy to take my money,then tell me that what it actually needs is a window lift channel roller.it's the wheel that attaches from the glass to the two window channels in the door.anyone know of a aftermarket mnfacterer,or where to get these channel rollers??this is actually a very common part that breaks,that and the regulators,and motors,so someone must know a way hopefully where to get them.shame on G.M. for discontinuing this part!1993-2002 same part!not even the customary 10 -11 year discontinu period!!please help!THANK YOU
Old 07-21-2011, 01:13 PM
Staging Lane

You could always try autozone, advanced auto, etc... It doesn't have to be a dealership
Old 07-21-2011, 02:11 PM
TECH Regular

check yearone or classic industries web sites they have a lot of oddball stuff but they are proud of their parts. check a boneyard for a used one might be able to buy the whole door cheap...
Old 07-21-2011, 05:44 PM
Banned

My driver's side window had a similar problem. I would press the button for it to go up and it would just make a grinding sound and not go anywhere. I called the GM dealership they said it was the regulator...over the phone. It would be $180 for the part and $150 for the labor. A friend from work told me to go to www.rockauto.com. Found the motor AND regulator for $70 and installed it without a hitch. Goes up fine now. That's the only problem I have found. There isn't much else inside that door panel besides the motor and regulator. Hope this helps.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Teching In

Default 2001 Z28, Motor & Regulator

I have a similar problem with my drivers side door (Left), except the window just stops moving. Sometimes it will work and other times it will stop at a random point (40%,50%, 75%, 95%). I have not removed the inner door panel yet to check the voltage at the motor. I checked out www.rickscamaros.com, they have 3 or 4 choices, with and without the motor.

Wob

Quick Reply: 93-'02 window problems NOT REGULATOR