Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

In Need. BCM Fix.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 02:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default In Need. BCM Fix.

Im not good with a soldering machine. Some of you guys know how to fix a BCM. I really need my car. Its my DD. My moms astro van is not cutting it. Im willing to pay, just throw me a reasonable offer. I would buy another BCM, but it seems that in order for it to work, it has to have the same options as mine, if not, I would have to get the vin # of the vehicle and get a new key made, etc. I dont have the money. Anyone out there willing to help me out, PM me. please thank you.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:23 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I had never soldered anything in my life before I performed the BCM fix on my car; there really isn't anything to it. Give it a shot, if it doesn't work your BCM was toast anyway so what do you have to lose? A soldering iron and "resin core" solder can be had for cheap. Just follow the thread here and you should be fine...
Old 07-21-2011, 05:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

I get scared when it comes to things like that simply because I don't know how.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I had offered to do it for you, if you could provide all the tools and supplies. I'm not gonna go out and buy tools and supplies to do it for you, even if you paid me. I have all the supplies needed 100 miles away.
The idea was that I could show you how it's done, using your own tools, so that you can learn how to solder. It's really not that hard, and is a valuable thing to know. RadioShack and Fry's Electronics have soldering irons and rosin-core solder. You need to get a semi-small diameter of rosin-core solder, to match the size of the contact points that you'll be soldering. The soldering iron should have a tip like a disposable pen.

Originally Posted by myk
I had never soldered anything in my life before I performed the BCM fix on my car; there really isn't anything to it. Give it a shot, if it doesn't work your BCM was toast anyway so what do you have to lose? A soldering iron and "rosin core" solder can be had for cheap. Just follow the thread here and you should be fine...
Fixed.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lee, you never told. All I saw was that mike said he has a solder, that was it, that you could use. I would have to find one and get back at you then.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

umm
yes he did
Old 07-26-2011, 04:25 PM
TECH Junkie

What's the fix are where are you located?

Quick Reply: In Need. BCM Fix.