Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's my LS1 worth?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 08:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's my LS1 worth?

Hey all. Long time reader I just have never posted!

Ok, so I bought a turbo setup for my car. I'm thinking of doing a 5.3 iron block while doing a built 6.0l on the side. But I want to sell my LS1 first. What do you guys think it's worth as a longblock?

- 2002 LS1 from Camaro SS with ~50k miles
- Comp Cams 236/236 .589/.589 @ 112 LSA
- Comp Cams 26918 valve springs
- Comp Cams 7.425" Hi-Tech pushrods
- LS2 timing chain
- Melling "296" high flow oil pump with high pressure spring
- ARP head bolts
- Melling OE replacement lifters
- SLP 25% underdrive pulley
- Lokar engine dipstick
- King Main Bearings
- King Rod Bearings
- ARP rod bolts
- LS6 intake manifold
- Ported Jantzer throttle body

Made 402RWHP on a dynojet through a T56/TII RX-7 diff.

Last edited by DavidPHumes; 07-26-2011 at 08:18 AM.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Why does it have bearings? Has it had a full rebuild? That's one of those grey areas because you have eliminated the stock reliability of the motor. It is now only as good as the machine work that was done. It can actually de-value the motor in some people's eyes. Was the crank turned and cylinder walls honed? So many questions the buyer will want to know and will likely want a machine shop receipt. You gonna include an f-body oil pan? Those go for $175 used so that effects price. Honestly I would be looking to start pricing at 2k including the intake and see how it goes.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Why does it have bearings? Has it had a full rebuild? That's one of those grey areas because you have eliminated the stock reliability of the motor. It is now only as good as the machine work that was done. It can actually de-value the motor in some people's eyes. Was the crank turned and cylinder walls honed? So many questions the buyer will want to know and will likely want a machine shop receipt. You gonna include an f-body oil pan? Those go for $175 used so that effects price. Honestly I would be looking to start pricing at 2k including the intake and see how it goes.
The PO tore the motor down and rebuilt it when it was purchased. Not because anything was wrong, but because he didn't know the history of the car and he had it apart anyway.

Other then what I listed I don't know anything else about the motor other then it's been running mint for me. It has an f-body pan. It will be sold as a complete longblock.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, around 2k asking price sounds right. Maybe a little higher, but like 01ssreda4 said, the 'unknowns' would mean Id be willing to spend a little less on it. The more info you can find the better, if you decide to sell it id recommend taking videos w timestamps to verify it ran before pulling it, and let people know why youre switching (iron turbo, vs its a lemon). That aside, sounds like a really nice setup (good mileage, good supporting mods, healthy cam)