Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

how to install anti surge valve?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to install anti surge valve?

i have a lsx procharger d1sc kit. i have the black procharger anti surge valve and i cant tell how it is supposed to be installed. I dont know if I'm supposed to have a special flange or fitting or what? Can anyone help me with this? Maybe some pictures would help too?

In the installation manual they have pics of valves mounted on flanges, but my valve appears to be a different style than what they are showing.

please help.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

I think I have the proflow valve, does this sound right? I'm just not sure how its supposed to be plumbed into the tubing? Are these valves noisy? When,m what throttle conditions?
Old 08-01-2011, 07:11 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 81cuttysupreme
i have a lsx procharger d1sc kit. i have the black procharger anti surge valve and i cant tell how it is supposed to be installed. I dont know if I'm supposed to have a special flange or fitting or what? Can anyone help me with this? Maybe some pictures would help too?

In the installation manual they have pics of valves mounted on flanges, but my valve appears to be a different style than what they are showing.

please help.

See if this pic helps you out, shown is the Pro-flow valve.

Originally Posted by 81cuttysupreme
I think I have the proflow valve, does this sound right? I'm just not sure how its supposed to be plumbed into the tubing? Are these valves noisy? When,m what throttle conditions?
These valves are not too noisy. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 08-01-2011, 07:39 AM
On The Tree

That is the valve but how does it connect to the tubing coming out of the procharger.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:20 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Your surge valve (optional) should be positioned between the blower and the intercooler (or between blower and throttle blade for non-intercooled kits). If you purchased this option you have a mounting flange and hardware to plumb the valve into your system. If you purchased the race valve, it will connect to the mounting fl ange using (6) #10 x 3/4” SHCS’s. There is also an o-ring that will go in the groove in the mounting flange.

You will need to supply a vacuum source for the surge valve to operate properly. On EFI vehicles, a source after the throttle blade is mandatory (the intake manifold is a good vacuum source). For carb vehicles, a vacuum source after the carb is neccesary. For vehicles with a brake booster, tee into the brake booster vacuum line. Run a piece of 1/4” hose from your vacuum source and plug the hose into the bung located on the surge valve.

The above info is taken from the ProCharger Transplant Manual. You need a bung coming out of your tubing for the valve to clamp to. The picture here is of a tube for the '98-02 F Body system, for the bypass valve to connect to.
Hopefully this helps you out. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 08-01-2011, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

That is what I'm missing. They did not send me that.

Quick Reply: how to install anti surge valve?