General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

How do I get a specific # production 2012 Camaro off the assembly line?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 02:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I get a specific # production 2012 Camaro off the assembly line?

I want a new 2012 Camaro and want a specific production # - one of the first ones and was wondering how I can go about contacting the dealership?

Is this possible? How do I do this? I know it must be possible.

Thanks for your help and I appreciate if you can point me in any kind of direction.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:11 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im sure if you had the cash for such a vehicle you could wander into your nearest big chevy dealership and sit down with the manager and secure somethin like that. its not like gm is gonna get a call for a dealership that has a guaranteed sale for a set price on a car and theyre just gonna say no. however you have to think that some people jump on that stuff fast for collecting purposes so you gotta be quick
Old 07-31-2011, 03:35 PM
TECH Addict

I would think the hard part would not be getting a particular number unless its number 1 that collectors would want. But getting them to produce a car like you want at the time that your production number is being produced unless you threw a lot of money down. Since Im sure they have the assemble line changing to maximize efficiency and I doubt they would change it for one car. For example if you want a blue car and # 500, and GM plans to paint cars 1-1000 red, then I doubt they would stop the lines at 499 to make your car.

I know with corvettes that you can or at least used to be able to custom order it and then pick it up at the corvette factory but I never heard of ordering a production number.

My guess would be you would have to contact a GM dealership and they might be able to find out what kind of camaro was produced with that number and if you like it they could probable get it for you but I would look into it before they begin production to avoid another dealership claiming it.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

When I toured the Corvette Factory in Bowling Green, KY they didn't seem to have a set order on what was produced. The colors were all random, and we saw a ZR1 in line between a pair of stock C6's. Now I don't know if the Camaro plant is the same way, but it might be possible to get what you want if you can pull enough strings and probably grease enough palms.