Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Torque arm or lcas for better 60 ft?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 07:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torque arm or lcas for better 60 ft?

Ok I have the eibach pro kit, and lca relocation brackets and I'm running nitto nto5 275/35 18s and my 60 ft is still ****. Still can't launch it hard without spinning a bit and it still breaks loose when I throw it in second. I know the eibach pro kit ain't helping none but my ? Is what would help me out more with this set up? And if I get the torque arm does it need to be adjustable or not and do I have to get the relocation brackets for that to?
Old 08-13-2011, 08:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by camaro luster
nitto nto5 275/35 18s
Torque arm, LCAs, stock springs, or an act of God won't make your car hook on those.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:09 PM
Staging Lane

Plan on doing all but just one at a time and wondering which one first
Old 08-13-2011, 10:09 PM
Launching!

Neither! Just change to a better tire (Ex: Nitto 555r or MT)
Old 08-14-2011, 07:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by camaro luster
Plan on doing all but just one at a time and wondering which one first
Read what I wrote.........
Old 08-14-2011, 09:01 AM
On The Tree

I am running into the same problem, i was running a 275 tire with the eibach pro kit and couldnt launch for ****. putting the lca relocation brackets in was a step in the right direction which helped with your instant center. imo i would go with the tunnel brace mounted torque arm thats adjustable in terms of your next suspension move. but every one else is right that u need a wider tire. it doesnt matter how well you get your car to transfer all that power if the tires dont stick. tires are an important piece in that puzzle. i went with a mickey thompson drag radial...305/35r18, i dropped a tenth off my 60 foot, added 1 mph to trap and dropped almost 3 tenths off my 1/4. i just bought lca relocation brackets and a new torque bc my sixty still stinks, but ill let you know how those changes helped when i run this wednesday. maybe that can give you an idea of what you can gain with that package.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:53 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Both those parts will definitely help you out but with that tire, transmission, and gear combination it will take a perfecttrack/launch to get a decent 60ft. If you are going to buy a torque arm definitely get an adjustable since your car is lowered and that will allow you to adjust the pinion angle, I would also recommend doing the torque arm relocation crossmember also which will allow you to get the torque arm of the transmission and mount it to the crossmember and this will also allow you to adjust the instant center on your car. Any aftermarket lower control arm will be better than the stock pieces, we have a bunch of different versions.

A better tire will help out whether it be a better hooking drag radial or slick but I can tell you that the Nitto is definitely not helping out.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!

Quick Reply: Torque arm or lcas for better 60 ft?