Vehicles Wanted Looking for a specific vehicle? Post a WANTED thread here. DO NOT post them anywhere else!

WTB: Hugger orange ss or z28

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 01:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: Hugger orange ss or z28

I'm wanting to buy a 1999 hugger orange ss or z28, please send me a PM if you have one or know where ones located at.

Thanks,
DDrumR
Old 08-21-2011, 02:52 PM
Teching In

Bump!
Old 08-21-2011, 07:34 PM
On The Tree

Helps if you give a little more information...

i.e. stick / auto, convert / t-top / hardtop, miles, price range, etc.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Hey T Hawk hard top or t-tops and auto or m6 don't matter. PM me the details on your car.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:49 PM
Teching In

Bump!
Old 08-26-2011, 09:17 AM
Teching In

Anybody?
Old 08-28-2011, 08:31 PM
TECH Addict

I have a '99 HO SS, fully loaded, except for traction control. Has the 12 disk Monsoon stereo system as well. 100% stock, except for new AC Delco battery. Car is an A4 with t-tops and white leather interior. Always garaged, never driven in rain, snow or wet pavement. She has less than 15,000 on the clock. CLEAN!
Asking 18,000. (I do not need the money, the car just sits in the garage. I put about 100 miles on it the last 3 years.) Good luck with your search.

Last edited by tones2SS; 08-28-2011 at 08:38 PM. Reason: corrected spelling
Old 08-31-2011, 07:11 PM
TECH Addict

Still looking for a clean, low mileage HO SS?
Old 09-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tones2SS
Still looking for a clean, low mileage HO SS?
Would love to have your car but sad to say it's not in my budget
Old 09-01-2011, 07:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DDrumR
Would love to have your car but sad to say it's not in my budget
Oh well, it was worth asking.
Good luck with your search!
Old 09-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tones2SS
Oh well, it was worth asking.
Good luck with your search!
Thanks for the offer man I greatly appreciate it! Still looking for one guys.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:45 PM
TECH Resident

Good luck buddy I've been looking for one for a while now.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:08 AM
On The Tree

Still got mine shoot me your budget
Old 09-09-2011, 06:25 AM
Staging Lane

I have a 1999 Hugger Orange Z28. I am the third owner. I have had it 5 years and flew from Florida to Ohio to buy it. It is my baby, my daily, and my main source of interaction with all of my friends. So, to ask me to part with it out of the blue, well, I'd need to make enough money where I could get something immediatly that was just as awesome or at least put a big damn dent in the price-tag of something better. So shoot me a realistic offer, worst I can do is say no but please read my entire write-up before you do.

details on the car:
Car is one of 224 Hugger orange automatic Z28's. Which makes it rarer than a M6 SS Hugger. Car has the Dark Grey ebony interior, leather, and standard Z28 equipment. She literally just turned 100k mi 3 weeks ago and has stacked just 300 on top of that as of tonight when I got back from seeing Contagion (which was awesome btw, go see it).

Mods:
LS6 heads
Thunder Racing TR 224-114" - 224/224 .563/.563 114 LSA 1700-6600 RPM Power Band. Excellent mid-range & high RPM power cam.
comp springs
Hooker Longtubes
EGR AIR delete
SS 10 spoke wheels
3" X-pipe
Magnaflow race bullets
turndowns forward of the rear axle
SS rear axle with 3.42 gears
Gloss Black Berger Panel (still have original in closet in mint condition)
M6 conversion: MOST RECENT MOD! (still have all console and shifter pieces if you wish to go back to auto, old trans may still be in friend's garage) Tick Performance Stage 2 (700hp) T56 1st-4th is forged steel fork upgrade synchros and whatnot. basically everyhting the stage three has except 5th and 6th aren't forged and there's no viper output shaft and yolk
Pro 5.0 shifter
Lou's short stick
SLP ****
Black console
Ls7 Clutch
LS7 flywheel
lid
k&n filter
5% tint on all windows except t-tops where it's 10%. Car was tinted by bulldog tint here in Orlando and the tint is guaranteed for life.

Car has never seen spray as much as I've wanted to. I was holding out for a turbo kit. There is a hole in the intake bezel for a nitrous application, but that part came off another car when I was doing head work in favor of he crappy Fernco unit that was on there. The hole is plugged but if you want to install a kit right in front of the intake, the hole is there and ready to go.

My Future Plans: I have wanted to go turbo, put some black or grey wheels on it with chrome lips, an SS spoiler, a sunoco hood, and some half length Hockey Stripes as close to the GMMG standard as I can get and full suspension with a 1.5"-2" drop.

Imagine THIS, but Hugger Orange:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ce0n7Y5KIA

The bad:
The A/C lies are broken in the engine bay. It's a 50 dollar part and then recharge and it'll work again. I'm working on the car this weekend and that is one of the issues I'm tackling.
There is no shift boot. The guy that sold me the console didn't provide one and I haven't gotten one yet because I like to see the pro 5.0 and L.S.S. so it's not a high priority for me.
There are a few large scratches on the passenger side rocker panel underneath the passenger door. Guys at work stacked used axles nextto my car and I didn't see them when I went to leave. Didnt know they were even there till I heard the scraping.
Driver's seat is torn, kinda badly actually. not flakingly embarrassingly bad to the point of shearing parts all over your clothes, but ripped solidly and so I want to replace it.
The rear end whines. Kinda badly actually. I went to the track for Sunday Funday got 13 passes in and it started whining on the way home. I know where to get another rear end for $100 but I haven't done it yet. I figure, let it explode, till then it just makes an irritating noise. Haven't been to the track with the whine, but I wouldn't be afraid to. Car drives fine. Like I said, it's my daily. And it's faster than a bunch of the Fords around here so I have left it kinda unassuming.

Photos:

believe it or not, I live in an apartment complex and the speed bumps are NOT a problem with this. Just go slow and you've got no problems.

this photo was taken by my younger brother the first day I was able to walk out of the hospital after I suffered a hernea in my spine. I'm ok now, but it was a pretty damn big deal when it happened. If you look close, you can see the bracelets still on my wrist. So, yeah, my car is important enough to me that it was the first thing I wanted to interact with when I could walk again.

Quick Reply: WTB: Hugger orange ss or z28