Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS turbo Evap/pcv delete ??s

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 11:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STS turbo Evap/pcv delete ??s

Aside from using this wack harness just to get power to the oil pump could I just vent PCV through an oil/air seperator then to atmosphere, as well as vent the EVAP to atmosphere. Meanwhile just using one automotove relay and hooking power/ground to 12volt ignition on power somewhere and hooking to fuel pump relay pin 87 for trigger to power the oil return pump when the car is on.

I dont see a need to have any of the other parts of the harness if I vent everything to atmosphere and get the pump powered but I know how things can be.

My only other question is what is the purpose of the gold resistor in the wire that goes over the driver shock tower? If I were to make my own single relay/harness to power the oil pump would I have to incorporate this resistor in to get the oil pump to work correctly or is this resistor un-related to the functionality of the oil pump.

Sorry this is alot but I appreciate the help.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vented has been fine for me just run a hose from each valve cover to the inner fender behind the headlights. It's a temp fix until you get cans, but it keeps you from smelling the fumes with the ac on. I used the front port on the passenger vc and the rear pcv port on the driver side.

The gold resistor is for the high/low and it will burn anything it touches. With the pump wired straight to the battery, it runs on high. It's a little loud, but keeps the oil moving faster.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

any news on this? im in the process of doing somthing like this. I was wondering, can one tap into the racetronix hotwire kit to supply power to the oil pump or would this cause too much of a draw and take away from the fuel pump power supply? my original plan was just running my own power lines and a relay to the pump, but for convienence and simplicity sake, using the switching source (key) instead of looking for another (key) source to turn on the oil pump.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

i found this. gonna run mine like this. granted its a long tube but it will provide a vacuum to suck out the crack pressure

Quick Reply: STS turbo Evap/pcv delete ??s