Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Converting to a 'return' fuel system LS7

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 10:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Converting to a 'return' fuel system LS7

Hi guys,

I have an LS7 installed in my Ultima, and it uses a 'returnless' Fuel configuration via a swirl-pot.

The regulator is an Aeromotive 13109 unit, and during discussions, they (Aeromotive) seem to recommend that this reg should be used with a true 'return' system thus reducing heat building up in the fuel in the rails, and that the reg was designed for this config anyway.

Looking at the standard rail, there is only one -6 in-port, and the only other possible connection point is the Schrader valve itself, and thus the question.

Is it wise to use this valve, by removing the internal valve only, or should the whole assy be removed for a bigger bore fitting?

My LS7 is capable of around 640 bhp and it has forged pistons, so not that standard.

I would route the return via the regulator direct to the tank (not the swirl-pot), to try to cool the returning fuel better as it mixes with the cold fuel in the tanks before going through the circuit again.

Hope you can help....

cheers
Old 08-28-2011, 07:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm getting a engine ready for a Race Car Replica SLC.

I am modifying the LS3 stock fuel rail to function with a return. I will be using the current connection on the rail as a return. I have cut off the back ends of the stock rails and will be welding on Swagelock fittings. It will now be dual feed and a single return.

The fittings will be here this wednesday. I can post a picture to let you see what these weld on fittings look like installed but not welded yet.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:56 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can use the schrader valve port it will work fine.

Quick Reply: Converting to a 'return' fuel system LS7