LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LG motorsports CAI

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 05:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LG motorsports CAI

What type/style of filter does this CAI use. My 94 t/a came with one already but it was attached to what looked like the factory air box with the front cut off of it. If anyone can post a pic of how it is supposed to be that would be great. The reason I ask is I have a K&N cone style filter that I tried to use but it doesn't quite fit right.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

You should post pics of what your working with. Is this CAI like the moroso or kn kits?
Old 08-27-2011, 08:01 PM
Staging Lane

It looks similar to the moroso, it just doesnt go down as far. With the cone filter it is still in the engine bay. That doesn't look very effective to me. I didn't know if I was missing a piece that would take it down into the bumper. I guess it is better known as the G2 model.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have the "G2" LG motorsports intake...I bought back in 1997...it does not come with a cone-filter it comes with a stock size K&N, just like you said the instructions tell you to take a hack-saw to your stock air-box and cut the front off to expose the entire K&N stock style filter. It's kinda ghetto compared to the newer intakes, which is why I modified mine with a piece of aluminum intake tubing and a K&N cone style filter attached to the G2 intake "elbow" to suck cold air as low as possible in the fenderwell...it's not going to hurt anything to change the filter style, I noticed a lot more intake noise with the cone filter for what it's worth.

Quick Reply: LG motorsports CAI