Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

weird problem, not really FI related though :-/

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 04:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default weird problem, not really FI related though :-/

well since i have a procharger (just not installed yet), and ive joined the darkside, i figured id ask this here, im not really gettin n e bites in the general maintenance area...

I was driving home from work, and i was in stop and go traffic. I slowed down and was following pace with other vehicles, then as soon as the pack sped up, as did i. Only when i went to give it throttle, the car fell on its face. I pusehd the clutch it and threw on my hazard lights. i tried revving it up and it didnt seem to want to rev, so i turn the car off and coasted to a stop. I let the car sit for a few seconds, turned the key, and she fired right up and i drove it home 45 miles away without a problem. Any ideas what this might of been? I have had something similar happen to me awhile back, only i was sitting in my drive way. i started the car and it idled very low and didnt want to seem to rev over 600-700 rpm, so i shut it off, and restarted it and it ran fine, and never had a problem until today. now my security light is on and has been on, ive done the resistor mod, and it worked for awhile, then i think the resistor went bad. so basically about once a month i have the VATs issue. Sorry for being so long, trying to be as descriptive as possible

Thanks!