Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wet or dry?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 08:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default wet or dry?

i was wondering what you guys would recomend wet or dry nitrous kit for my mods,i am wanting to go with a 125 shot will that be safe on stock bottom end ? i am going to be putting a yank 3600 stall in very soon.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You could use the search feature and there are tons of threads debating the wet vs. dry issue. Its really all about preference I personally have a dry shot and it works great for me but on the other hand others use wet shots and swear by them. In the end call up one of our nitrous sponsors I'm sure they would be happy to help you.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:08 AM
Staging Lane

As mentioned above there are plenty of threads. But i will say this both have been used to a great degree of success at that power level both can be used safely its all a balance of proper tuning, plug reading, and safety systems. In my case i bought a cheap, used, in great condition NOS dry kit thinking i was going to shoot a dry hit but, i felt kinda afraid of nozzle placement and relying on the maf so i decided to run wet. For the cost i couldn't beat the nitrous outlet dry to wet conversion kit. So all in all at that power level it doesn't matter dry or wet, what is more important is gonna be plug reading with proper tuning, colder plugs, and a properly working fuel pump. Hope this helps.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

They both work well but for ease of tunability a wet kit is more user friendly. With a dry kit you could end up having to buy bigger injectors and with a wet kit you won't.

A dry kit is simple as far as the install compared to a wet but the wet isn't much more.

IMO get a wet plate kit. It will be easy for you to install and tune.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:05 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by jt_2002_ta
i was wondering what you guys would recomend wet or dry nitrous kit for my mods,i am wanting to go with a 125 shot will that be safe on stock bottom end ? i am going to be putting a yank 3600 stall in very soon.
What future plans do you have for the car? Built motor maybe? Who does the tuning?

I prefer wet on pretty much all stock PCM LSX cars. Our wet plate systems especially. They are able to handle and distribute as much as the stock bottom end will hold and make a great second stage if you ever start spraying huge amounts with a direct port. Install is clean and easy.

Dry, while it works fine when tuned properly, just does not really have any benefits IMO on these cars. I like for my tuning to be very precise and correct and for most cars, with a stock PCM that does not happen with a dry system.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:18 AM
Banned

wet has always been my preference. I have used both, but wet is safer with correct tuning and adequate fuel