Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Problem with dedicated fuel system

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 01:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Help Problem with dedicated fuel system

I have a dedicated fuel system set up with a low pressure intank pump. Its built simuliar to N20 outlets battery mounted one.

Im not getting any pressure up to the noid. Its set up with a fuel return. the return line is large tho (5/16s) where the feed line is 1/4 stepped down to 1/8th in at the noid. I have my pressure guage on a manifold.

Is the reason Im not getting any pressure to the noid because of the smalled feed line? Do I need to restrict the return line? I didnt do any restrictions because i was worried about burning up the pump.

What risk do I have just blocking off the return and having the pump go straight to the rails?

Im running a Holley low pressure regulator with 1 inlet and 2 outlets, one stepping down to the smaller line the other going back into the tank.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your not getting any pressure bc its all returning to the feed tank. Its going to flow where the least amount of pressure is. You need to reduce the return, I did mine with a fuel jet. I know of people who dont run a return, but I myself cannot advise not to as I don't know the risk or problems.