Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FJO 1st Gear Lock Out Issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FJO 1st Gear Lock Out Issues

I'm having some odd issues with the FJO first gear lockout. Not sure how I could be messing anything up since it's just a check-box in the config, but I enabled it a few weeks back while I was at the track.

It was my first time spraying at the track so I figured I would enable the lockout until I got the feel of the shot on the track and also got a few launches under my belt on some new tires.

Leaving from the line I definitely didn't feel the spray kick in until clear through 4th gear nearly 1k rpm into the window. Thinking maybe I was having pressure issues or a bad fill, I came home, disabled the lock out, then went out for a drive and all worked perfect with spray all through the window in all gears.

Enabled the lockout, uploaded the config one more time for good measure. Same issue, no spray until after twice through the window. I know that in order for the lockout to work, you have to rev completely through the window once. I was making sure to do that on all my tests (and definitely did that at the track). Other than the lockout, the window switch is working perfectly. Coming on and going off at the right times. Any ideas? What am I missing?
Old 09-07-2011, 09:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm about to try the 1st gear lockout on mine tomorrow and see how it goes, do you know if you have the gen 1 or gen 2 unit>?
Old 09-08-2011, 09:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

That happened to me before while at the track. I haven't tried it since but I wonder if it's a defect.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:36 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by WheelsUp84z
I'm about to try the 1st gear lockout on mine tomorrow and see how it goes, do you know if you have the gen 1 or gen 2 unit>?
It's a first gen unit to me knowledge. Ill double check when I get home from work tonight. I bought it second hand, but it hadn't been used previously. No issues at all other than the lockout.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:49 PM
Staging Lane

I also remember updating the firmware on the unit as well.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Staging Lane

It's definitely a 2G unit. I am going to contact FJO and see if they have any thoughts.