Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ABS module, explain the difference...I hope I didn't get screwed over....

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 09:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ABS module, explain the difference...I hope I didn't get screwed over....

I bought this ABS module in the picture(one on the left) from a guy here on the boards. This is my first dealing with someone on this board. Anyways, I take mine off, and notice an immediate difference. Mine(one on the right) has 10 pickup things compared to 6 on his. I asked what year it was from, and he said a 2000, which is the same car as mine. Also, if it was from a car with traction control(4 channel.) He said yes. So, what is the difference here? Did I just get screwed, or what's going on here? I have already lost money on a hard drive I bought off someone this week that is bad, the last thing I want is to lose more money because someone sold me a part that isn't 100% what was said. What do you guys think?

I'm not completely trying to call him out right now, but this just doesn't seem right to me at all.
Attached Thumbnails ABS module, explain the difference...I hope I didn't get screwed over....-optimized-100_2388.jpg  
Old 09-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Launching!

How much did you pay??

Mine needs a new abs block too.
It is a 4 channel also. I bought a used one for $20s
It looks exacly the same as the one on my car. My car is also a 2000.
What I mean by that is. The one you bought should look exactly the same as the one you had on your car.
If it doesn't. Then is not the same.

I could be wrong.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

I guess I'm not completely understanding your reply. Does yours look like mine on the right, or his on the left? They obviously arent the same, so that's telling me that his was either not from the same year car, or did not have 4 channel traction control. I was told that if you have 4 channel, you will have wheel sensors on each wheel, which mine does. I bought this one for 30 shipped. Didn't seem like too bad of a deal, but now I'm thinking that I just lost even more money. I love throwing 100 down the drain in one week.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:32 PM
On The Tree

https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...bs-module.html

The reason I bought it off of him is because he has good feedback, so I would think he would be a stand up guy. I just hope this can get resolved.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

Talking to another board member, and a little research is showing that the one he sent me is from a 98 because those are the only ones that are different from 99-02. He even said it came off of his 2000 car, take a look at the thread that he sold it in. It's listed above, "ABS Module." I got screwed! I hope he fixes this.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:31 AM
On The Tree

Yeup, getting screwed. DO NOT deal with this guy. https://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-...r-threads.html

Quick Reply: ABS module, explain the difference...I hope I didn't get screwed over....