Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Performance Shift" button

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 07:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Default "Performance Shift" button

Hey guys, some of the mid-90's GM vehicles had a "performance shift" button. Does an '01 LS1 F-body PCM have this capability, and if so, how would this type of switch get wired up (which pins)? Goal is to use it like a valet switch.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ZexGX
Hey guys, some of the mid-90's GM vehicles had a "performance shift" button. Does an '01 LS1 F-body PCM have this capability, and if so, how would this type of switch get wired up (which pins)? Goal is to use it like a valet switch.
I'm pretty sure the performance button was a performance shift button. The best I remember it firmed up the shifts a little and may have upped the rev limiter a bit. (not sure about the second part) B&M used to sell an electronic shift kit that would up the line pressure.

It wont work as a valet switch unless you make it run a seperate tune in the pcm.

You might check out shoebox's website. I know he used to have some info on the performance shift button.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes you use performance mode its basicly a second trans tune shift pressures,times,shift points, TCC etc can be adjusted to taste. As far as valet mode IDK 1st gear only? you can roast alot of rubber in 1st. It only affects the perfomance trans tables none on the eng.

To enable it set switch pattern to 1 add a wire to 71 blue, momentary switch to ground. I set my car up with this, no TCC, shifts way late, makes lots of noise at the touch of the button
Old 10-04-2011, 11:58 AM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sreve
Yes you use performance mode its basicly a second trans tune shift pressures,times,shift points, TCC etc can be adjusted to taste. As far as valet mode IDK 1st gear only? you can roast alot of rubber in 1st. It only affects the perfomance trans tables none on the eng.

To enable it set switch pattern to 1 add a wire to 71 blue, momentary switch to ground. I set my car up with this, no TCC, shifts way late, makes lots of noise at the touch of the button
This is what I'm talking about!

I'm having trouble figuring out what you mean by "To enable it set switch pattern to 1 add a wire to 71 blue, momentary switch to ground" though. Can you go into more detail? All I got was "momentary switch" and "71 blue" and don't know what you mean by everything else. lol.

My HPTuners guy and I will figure out something as far as how best to use it (valet, or an actual "performance" button).

Quick Reply: "Performance Shift" button