Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

03 terminator vs 99 T/A

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 01:48 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 terminator vs 99 T/A

good buddy of mine has a 03 terminator, i have a 99 T/A

terminators mods-ported TB, kooks LT,kooks off road H pipe,magnaflo catback,MGW shifter,mccload stage 3 clutch w/LW FW, and MT ET streets (hella sticky), lowered and IRS brace.

my mods-in signature.

went to our old high school (11:30pm) just me and him and we desided to do a few burnouts and donuts in front of the main office...just to say we did it lol. after that 30 minutes of fun we desicded to race a few times.
so we pull onto the local 4 lane back road. (no traffic at all)

first race was from a 20 roll (both cars in 1st), honk on 3 and punch it, i pull for just a second and i lose traction but i stay in it and he gets me by 3-4 cars (raced to 120ish first 3 races)

second race we went from a 40 (both in 2nd), honk on 3 we are side by side until about 90 and he gets me by 3/4 of a car.

3rd race from 60, (both cars in 3rd) honk on 3 i pull 1 car and when i shifted he got me and left me pretty hard (3-4 cars)

final race from a dig-70, honk on 3 i spin through 1st an 2nd, he hooks like hell and leaves me sitting still. im getting a dyno tune tuesday or wednesday and we will be racing again.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:23 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a dyno tune wont matter once he get a tune and a pulley,im shocked he has all those mods and no pulley , that is like mod number 1 in a 03 cobra lol
Old 10-09-2011, 03:24 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a dyno tune will help, but you kinda gotta think that having your car hook up would help alot more,
Old 10-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Teching In

I agree. Those mods to a Terminator are like a K&N filter to any N/A car. There are just so many other bolt-ons he could do that would give so much more. He's probably right at 400rwhp if that.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

terminators mods-ported TB, kooks LT,kooks off road H pipe,magnaflo catback,MGW shifter,mccload stage 3 clutch w/LW FW, and MT ET streets (hella sticky), lowered and IRS brace.

Good mods. But have to agree. He needs a smaller pulley. He might actually be losing some power he would have gained with all that and stock pulley and no tune.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:57 AM
Launching!

he has the pulley and it is getting tuned in the next few months. he is trying to keep it "safe" if u know wat i mean. he has had 5 mustangs so he kinda knows wat to do but he already has the pulleys, just waiting for the money to get it done. ill have videos next time
Old 10-09-2011, 12:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ive been wanting to race a full bolt on cobra for a while. I know ill lose but would like to try anyway. There are a few in my area even my old mechanic had one. Suprisingly he had every mod except a pulley and tune?!? i didnt get it either. He had a spec clutch and let me tell you the clutch pedal was sooooooo stiff it felt stationary lol. Either way good runs OP
Old 10-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by karpetcm
Ive been wanting to race a full bolt on cobra for a while. I know ill lose but would like to try anyway. There are a few in my area even my old mechanic had one. Suprisingly he had every mod except a pulley and tune?!? i didnt get it either. He had a spec clutch and let me tell you the clutch pedal was sooooooo stiff it felt stationary lol. Either way good runs OP
It'll be closer than you think especially with your gearing. I'm assuming you're talking about on motor and the Cobra without port/pulley. I think you win on the nitrous and him with port/pulley.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Usually the ones ive seen have pullies,exhaust, intake and tune. Very rare to run into one that doesnt have a pulley and tune upgrade althought i know a couple of people in the past that have just done a exhaust upgrade. I want to run one with every bolt on ofcourse a KB will just destroy me meaning with the stock blower. Me with the full bolt on's and nitrous, im sure i will lose either way but just havent had any opportunity to race one. I do see them around but ofcourse im in my chevy cruze going to and from work or driving to the store, lol. There is a black on black one by my house with blacked out wheels that just loooks and sounds sick. I do have to admit i do love the way the car looks, sounds and how easy it is to mod.

Originally Posted by Mach Boy
It'll be closer than you think especially with your gearing. I'm assuming you're talking about on motor and the Cobra without port/pulley. I think you win on the nitrous and him with port/pulley.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99 WS-sick
he has the pulley and it is getting tuned in the next few months. he is trying to keep it "safe" if u know wat i mean. he has had 5 mustangs so he kinda knows wat to do but he already has the pulleys, just waiting for the money to get it done. ill have videos next time
Huh? He can do a pulley change himself with a puller and basic hand tools! I helped a buddy do it to his 03 Cobra in my garage in a couple of hours (and a six pack). An extra set of hands always comes in handy, but that's about it.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^I would assume he's talking about the tune, not the pulley.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:31 PM
12 Second Club

Good run -Termi's are no joke even with slight mods but agreed if he runs a pulley and a tune it's gonna get ugly. I suggest you get some stickier tires, LCA relocation brackets and a 100 shot - LMAO
Old 10-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TRMach1
Huh? He can do a pulley change himself with a puller and basic hand tools! I helped a buddy do it to his 03 Cobra in my garage in a couple of hours (and a six pack). An extra set of hands always comes in handy, but that's about it.
he has the pulleys but isnt installing until the tune, like i said he is **** about "saftey" for the car. it was still fun tho.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ohioborn80

Good mods. But have to agree. He needs a smaller pulley. He might actually be losing some power he would have gained with all that and stock pulley and no tune.
Do you even think about what you're trying to say before you type it?
Old 10-09-2011, 03:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mach Boy
I agree. Those mods to a Terminator are like a K&N filter to any N/A car. There are just so many other bolt-ons he could do that would give so much more. He's probably right at 400rwhp if that.
he can hang with a c6 from a 40 roll, its a very stout car and extremly clean all around, he isnt a amiture with cars, he does his research and knows alot of the "big dogs" in the mustang building comunity around here. he probly is only around 400hp but he could drive that car anywhere at anytime and it would never breakdown because the parts on the car are all very safe and compliment each other very well.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Teching In

I agree, the Eaton makes a lot of heat so having exhaust mods will be extremely beneficial to lowering the boost/heat level. That car probably runs very consistent.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Launching!

i drove it for the first time lastnight and feel in love with the cars ability to be a very modest DD but WOT from 2500rpms turns it into a monster, thing handles like its on rails!!!
Old 10-09-2011, 05:23 PM
On The Tree

Cobra's are over rated
Old 10-09-2011, 05:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
Do you even think about what you're trying to say before you type it?
Yes do you. Opening up the exhaust that much will cause him to need a tune. So if he tuned it with the stock pulley even he would have more power. Also opening it up is hurting his boost some also.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Yes do you. Opening up the exhaust that much will cause him to need a tune. So if he tuned it with the stock pulley even he would have more power. Also opening it up is hurting his boost some also.

Hurting his boost... Losing power if he had those mods that he has...

Sounds like you haven't got a clue as to how anything works.