Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stock exhaust help!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default stock exhaust help!!

hey guys my mods are listed in my sig, anyways i have a friend who might be getting rid of his stock SS catback off his WS6 as well as his qtec cutout...my question is how much better does the stock SS/WS6 exhaust flow than the regular T/A exhaust...i'm sure he'd be willing to let it go cheap so if it's worth the extra hp or so i might consider doing this...

alot of ya'll are probably thinking why don't i just go with a full aftermarket exhaust system or duals...well i don't have the money for a much nicer setup...besides i realized that when i have my cutout capped and i'm running through my muffer i tend to get much better gas mileage which is great b/c i have to drive to school and back everyday, plus its realllyyyyyyyy quiet, which will be great for those 5-6 hour drives back to Plano
Old 03-09-2004, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

You will pick up some HP.The cutout would be a good idea.I wouldnt pay more than $125 for it myself.Aftermarket ones go for $200 used, often.
Old 03-10-2004, 01:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

well if i were to go with an aftermarket one it would be decently loud off the bat, plus if i got a cutout welded on there (right before the muffler) then it would make it even more louder, i like the loudness of my car right now but i dont think the WS6/SS exhaust would make it a LOT louder, it would just be a BIT more free flowing, plus he already has a cutout welded on there and he has the QTec cutout to go along with it

anyone else?