Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Just received Aftermarket SS Spoiler - First Impression Inside.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 08:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up Just received Aftermarket SS Spoiler - First Impression Inside.

After reading countless posts of Wings West, ASCD and other various aftermarket spoilers I can honestly say I'm damn impressed with this product. My only problem was buying an OEM SS (I couldn't pass up the deal) while attempting to cancel this order, unfortunately it couldnt be cancelled cause it was being painted. So I'll be posting the new spoiler in the for sale section cause I really want OEM parts on my car.

Anyways, I ordered the spoiler last Monday and it was at my doorstep today (8 days). I also opted for the paint match by giving them my paint code off the door (Monterey Maroon Metallic).

I honestly expected for the spoiler to have small fitment issues, and I expected that I was going to have to sand the bottom down to make an OEM fit. When my father and I sat the spoiler on my Z tonight, it was a perfect fit - even the color is dead on. The 3rd brake light is an LED device and the kit came with wire taps to make the install simple.

The only complaint I have is the hardware, for some reason I think they tossed the wrong hardware in, the screws are too short to attach and the washers are too small - you can see from the pics that I couldn't screw the spoiler down, I had to press it down to check fitment (also the holes lined up perfectly). This is a minor problem, nothing 2 longer screws and 4 larger washers couldnt fix.

Sorry about the last couple pics, the sun was going down.

http://community.webshots.com/user/modmyz

Last edited by Zero2Sixty; 03-09-2004 at 08:13 PM.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:57 PM
TECH Resident

Z2S..
I lost ya in the explanation, where did you end up getting this one? Is it spoiler depot? I'm looking for an SS unit for our patrol car and have been doing the same thing...looking for the best place, fit, price. From your pic's this one looks perfect. Let me know when your ready to get rid of the other one...if I can shake the money tree maybe you can have it sold. PM me if ya wish.
Thanks,
Kev
Old 03-09-2004, 11:16 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I too was happy with my aftermarket spoiler, mine was from Wings West. Only needed some minor adjustments and sanding.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:06 AM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got mine off ebay brand new from company called spoilersdirect if i recall..160 bucks, thing fits PERFECT.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I wasn't sure if I could say where I got it but yes, it was from spoilerdepot.

K9Kev, PM sent...
Old 06-21-2006, 01:11 AM
Teching In

Do you remember the size of bolts you bought so that the spoiler would bolt up.. Inches.. Size?

Originally Posted by Zero2Sixty
After reading countless posts of Wings West, ASCD and other various aftermarket spoilers I can honestly say I'm damn impressed with this product. My only problem was buying an OEM SS (I couldn't pass up the deal) while attempting to cancel this order, unfortunately it couldnt be cancelled cause it was being painted. So I'll be posting the new spoiler in the for sale section cause I really want OEM parts on my car.

Anyways, I ordered the spoiler last Monday and it was at my doorstep today (8 days). I also opted for the paint match by giving them my paint code off the door (Monterey Maroon Metallic).

I honestly expected for the spoiler to have small fitment issues, and I expected that I was going to have to sand the bottom down to make an OEM fit. When my father and I sat the spoiler on my Z tonight, it was a perfect fit - even the color is dead on. The 3rd brake light is an LED device and the kit came with wire taps to make the install simple.

The only complaint I have is the hardware, for some reason I think they tossed the wrong hardware in, the screws are too short to attach and the washers are too small - you can see from the pics that I couldn't screw the spoiler down, I had to press it down to check fitment (also the holes lined up perfectly). This is a minor problem, nothing 2 longer screws and 4 larger washers couldnt fix.

Old 06-21-2006, 01:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your MMM Camaro looks AWESOME! I really like those Fiske's on there.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:54 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am confused... The spoiler ON the car is NOT from Spoiler Depot is it??? I thought theirs had the smaller LED bar...

BTW, your car looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Zero2Sixty

Old 06-21-2006, 09:57 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DEMONBIRD
I am confused... The spoiler ON the car is NOT from Spoiler Depot is it??? I thought theirs had the smaller LED bar...

BTW, your car looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, the pics are of the OEM one, right? Because the one in your pics has the OEM 3rd LED brakelight and spoilerdepot's doesn't look like that.

Either way, it looks great!
Old 06-23-2006, 11:41 PM
TECH Addict

So that's the OEM one, correct?
Old 04-07-2008, 02:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to bring up a dead thread...

Zero2sixty the spoiler in the pics you linked is that an OEM SS spoiler or the aftermarket spoiler depot one?

Just wanted clarification (sp?) before I buy one. Stuck in the sandbox for another 30 days so I won't be able to see it right away.

Thanks!
Old 04-07-2008, 11:15 AM
Staging Lane

I got scared off by the reports of aftermarket ss spoilers, so I bought a used OEM in great condition. More expensive and longer wait, but well worth it. Glad to hear that not every ebay spoiler has terrible fitment.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:12 PM
TECH Veteran

^^same here

I like the color of your car nice spoiler as well
Old 04-07-2008, 12:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

what does the led light look like on the one from spoilerdepot?
Old 04-07-2008, 02:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
i got mine off ebay brand new from company called spoilersdirect if i recall..160 bucks, thing fits PERFECT.
Same here! No problems at all
Old 04-07-2008, 09:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

the spoilerdirect one is the one that demonbird recommended a while back that was a "fits like a condom" fit. i had planned on buying one but found a OEM for 200, i can definatly say the fit on the aftermarket is nice as i've seen it a couple of different times on different cars
Old 04-08-2008, 08:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just for clarification here is my spoiler from spoilerdepot (small led brake light)

Old 04-08-2008, 09:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Your car loooks amazing, I love the Fikse and MMM!
New spoiler looks great too

Quick Reply: Just received Aftermarket SS Spoiler - First Impression Inside.