Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS3 MAP Sensor End Connector with LS1 Engine Harness end Connector Issue...

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 04:33 AM
LS6
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS3 MAP Sensor End Connector with LS1 Engine Harness end Connector Issue...

Greeting Gents

I'm doing a project on a GTO 2004, where I found LQ4 block with L92 cylinder heads and LS3 manifold with LS3 injectors.

I found some obstacle, where the GTO 2004 Engine harness end is EV1 connector (LS1 style) and do not fit the LS3 injectors connector (Found the LS3 fuel injector end is EV6 connector which is commonly known as LS2/LS3 style plug). thus I went and bought the EV1 to EV6 connector adapter.

Later I found that the MAP sensor in the LS3 manifold is in the front and not like the LS1 manifold which is in the back. It is definitely require MAP extension wire. I went and search about it and didn't found any results.

I just wonder where to buy the MAP extension wire for the engine harness end is LS1 and the MAP sensor end connector is LS3? Does the LS3 MAP sensor work fine with the car PCM? Will be there any other issue with other wires from experienced point of view that require the attention?

Thanks...

Last edited by LS6; 10-24-2011 at 04:38 AM.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

I used my stock LS1 map and just cut the harness and extended the wires. I used the stock connector. This is on a 92 manifold which is just like the 3. Casper or Racetronix might have a extension harness.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went through this on a friends 99 Trans Am where he put an LS3 intake/injectors/fuel rails off of a 2010 Camaro SS on his L92 heads.

The injector adapters he initially bought were HORRIBLE quality (wires not crimped properly in pins) and the car was misfiring...I replaced his cars original connectors with all new connectors, instead of adapters...problem solved.

The LS3 MAP sensor is NOT a 1-bar MAP sensor. If you use HPTuners, you can install a 2 or 3 bar operating system in the PCM, and you will then be able to adjust for the sensor. I'm not sure if EFI Live and/or Tunercat have a different means of adjusting the MAP sensor calibration without changing the operating system.

Now for one last problem that turns out to not be too big a deal. The LS3 MAP sensor Scalar number is 128.13 KPA...that's fine, you can plug it into the 2 or 3 bar OS on the LS1 just fine...the Offset is -0.31 though. The LS1 enhanced OS will not accept a negative number (with HPTuners, maybe it will with different software)...that said...I just put a 0 in that value...his KPA readings in his car seem very realistic...they're clearly slightly incorrect...but they're "ok" and I'm able to tune his car just fine...it runs great actually.

Let me know if you need me to explain it better.

Last edited by Mike454SS; 10-27-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:11 AM
LS6
TECH Regular

This is a surprise to me. I never thought about the negative scale programming.

My original plan before was to stay with the LS1 MAP sensor, however, through the inspection of the LS3 manifold MAP sensor and comparing with the LS1 manifold MAP sensor, the size of the LS1 MAP sensor do not fit in the LS3 manifold location due to the size is smaller.

I do not know what to do. I have to figure out something

Many thanks for the very important information...
Old 11-15-2011, 03:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

What did you figure out? I need to hook up a map on the ls3 intake as well, and would prefer to just reuse the one from my ls1.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:32 PM
LS6
TECH Regular

I went further and search for alternative, what I found are the following:
LS3 MAP Sensor End Connector with LS1 Engine Harness end Connector Issue...-7a5c5ab4.jpg

LS3 MAP Sensor End Connector with LS1 Engine Harness end Connector Issue...-a5ee5e20.jpg
I choose to go with getting LS3 MAP sensor and LS3 Extension Conversion Combatible with LS1/LS2 Harness, where I will be doing the programming through a local.

I hope the below will help...

Thanks...
Old 11-16-2011, 09:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Yeah, I found that thread about 15 minutes after I saw this one. That lingenfelter thing might be another good option though.

Quick Reply: LS3 MAP Sensor End Connector with LS1 Engine Harness end Connector Issue...