Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st LS1...Couple of questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1st LS1...Couple of questions

So I finally got my first Ls car. I picked up a 99 TA with 106k on the clock with an new bottom end 20k ago.

-First off whoever had the idea of flip up head lights should be shot...
-The car has a lunati voodoo cam...dont know the specs of the cam, but I have the dyno sheet from Gforce in Houston at 389/381 HP/TQ. The car has no cats and 3inch exhaust all the way back. My question is...Is it normal for it to smell so rich at idle? Its not quite onion tears but it produces a really strong smell. Other than the 5th syncro being thrashed...its a good beater.
Attached Thumbnails 1st LS1...Couple of questions-nr1.jpg   1st LS1...Couple of questions-nr2.jpg  
Old 10-24-2011, 10:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jarheadtex
So I finally got my first Ls car. I picked up a 99 TA with 106k on the clock with an new bottom end 20k ago.

-First off whoever had the idea of flip up head lights should be shot...
-The car has a lunati voodoo cam...dont know the specs of the cam, but I have the dyno sheet from Gforce in Houston at 389/381 HP/TQ. The car has no cats and 3inch exhaust all the way back. My question is...Is it normal for it to smell so rich at idle? Its not quite onion tears but it produces a really strong smell. Other than the 5th syncro being thrashed...its a good beater.
What size injectors are you running? If you can't tell by looking at them, take a pic and post it.

When I first bought my C5, my injectors were 2x too big for my engine & horsepower range. My engine freaking reeked of fuel and my driveability was next to ****.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

when i pulled the cats from my car i noticed it smelled rich. dont worry its normal. make sure there are injectors for that cam tho
Old 10-24-2011, 10:39 PM
On The Tree

Ill look at the injectors...I guess and I know you shouldnt, but it was tuned by a reputable shop that the injectors would be good. It run fine....has a really nice lope and runs really strong. I got rid of my Mach1 and was expecting to be disappointed with the HP, but the 400 range is fun in this car.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:50 AM
Staging Lane

i also noticed a fuel smell when t got rid of my cats....i also replaced the o2 sensors and now i dont smell it as bad with the tune

Last edited by deez01ls1; 10-25-2011 at 10:50 AM. Reason: ..