Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how much punishment can a TCI trans pan take?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Default how much punishment can a TCI trans pan take?

how much punishment can a TCI trans pan take?

I was cruising down an unfarminial road it was real shadie I did'nt see the dip in the road at the peak of the dip there was a sewer lid sticking up kindof high I hit the sewer lid at about 50MPH.

went back to observe the road saw 3 deep marks the 2 on the outside where the LTs the middle was the TCI deep trans pan.

Note the blacktop jammed into the cooling fins.

currently it's not leaking and dos'nt appear to be damaged. Just how stronge are these aluamin pans?

By stevethebrain at 2011-10-25

Thanks
Old 10-25-2011, 09:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cast aluminum pans are very strong. But you just got lucky my friend. We ripped the **** out of our shop cars' powerglide pan a few weeks ago when we were out testing it. Fortunately we were not far from the shop and were able to drive it back before it peed all the fluid out! Next time we have it up in the air I'll take some pics. It had to be tigged because we're too cheap to buy a new one! So yeah, it definitely has some battle scars! LOL.....

I've been beating on cast aluminum pans for 20 years or so now on the street! What you have to be careful of is cracking the case side of the pan rail.

g
Old 10-25-2011, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

yes Sir: I also believe I got lucky, I have previously hit high speed bumps w/ one passenger or my luggage and medium sized toolbox, even though I crawl over them (usalley iratiatng regular folks behind me) they can't understand why he's so fast after the front wheels clear the bump then real slow again for next bump.

I believe TCI makes an excellent product this was a major hit after it happened I was hopping please be the K member it was'nt not a mark this TCI pan is the lowest part of the car (stock ride height I can't even concider lowering even 1/2"

I have car on my ramps and have crawed under there did'nt observe any damage,
I keep a close eye on it.

I'm hopping it won't leak do you think if it is going to leak it would have allready happened?

I'll snap a image of the road it dug in approsomity 1/2" at the pan.
Thanks