Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

leaking oil

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 09:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leaking oil

i put a used STS turbo set up on my car this past week...did all the final touches, started it up..ran it on jack stands, no oil leaks what so ever...shut it down after it was warmed up and took it off the stands and went for a cruise...noticed when i left i could hear the oil pump humming pretty good, got down the road about half mile to a mile after i got into the boost a bit and i started leaking oil out of the exhaust pretty heavily..got it back in the garage and pulled the return line off of the turbo and oil poured out, but what i didnt notice was that i didnt hear the oil pump and i wasnt getting oil returned to the motor..the pump is on the return line just after the turbo..soooo did the pump fail me?? and it also seemed like it didnt leak oil when i was boosting.....?
Old 11-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Teching In

I would check the fuse that is located in the oil pump wire harness. It might be blown. Also check all wireing. Make sure the wires aren't to close to the exhaust and not melted. You said it was a used kit, does it still have the resistor? If it does you might wanna get rid of it so the pump runs on high all the time. Also if it is the oil pump from sts, I would change that to a mocal pump. It pumps a lot better. Just search some sts threads. There is some good info on here. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I just put a used sts kit on my z28.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:34 AM
On The Tree

my sts kit just blew her up lol...my guess is broke some rings in cyl #1 hardly any compression and broke the electrode on the spark plug
Old 11-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Teching In

Dang I am sorry to hear. Was it not tuned? How much boost were you running? Did you put in colder spark plugs? I just got the #42 injectors installed and some Tr6 plugs put in. I bought the tuner package from sts and I will be running 5 psi. I just hope my engine holds together. I am going to get it dyno tuned just to be safe and to get some numbers.