Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

FS: 96 Camaro RS (50k miles) White

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 10:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS: 96 Camaro RS (50k miles) White

Year: 1996
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $6000
Mileage: 50000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): IN
Color: White
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

I am listing my 1996 Chevrolet Camaro RS for sale or for trade.
The car is currently sitting at 49,9xx miles.
I am not in any hurry to sell this car, & I DO NOT need the $. So please don't bother to low ball me. In Fact, The price I am asking is FIRM, and I do not wish to move up or down on the price. What I am asking for is what it will take in order for me to sell it. I'm Just wanting to make that very clear, as I'm sure someone will offer me some rediculous price and say it's a V6. I'll respond with "Find another 96 RS with 49k miles on it, and see what they are asking for it"

Anyways, Moving On!

The car is in great shape. Inside and out, and I rate it at a 9/10.
It has a few things that need repaired, but nothing major. Especially for a 15 year old car in GREAT SHAPE!!!

The Bad:
-The window tint is peeling on the 2 front windows! I can remove it, if the buyer would like me to do so...
-There is a Crack in the dash pad (Which is Very Normal for these cars) So It will need replaced.
-The front bumper has a small crack in it right by the front passenger turn signal lamp (Easy fix with bumper repair epoxy) but it never really bothered me bc the car always sat in my garage and we rarely drive it. (Only on the weekends when it's nice out)
-Also, The exhaust will need replaced. It was cut off by the previous owner and he installed a glasspack right under the car and dumped it before the rearend. (The kid I bought it off of bought it from an older couple, and he had owned it for a month before I bought it from him) I have owned it for almost 3 years I believe. And it's been a garage queen it's whole life from what I was told. I bought it with 43k miles on it and I have put 7k on it since then!
-Rotors have a slight pulsation when stopping, but thats bc the car never really got driven until I bought it. So it's pulsated since the day I bought it. Again, Very slight pulsation...

The good:
-49k miles
-Brand New Tires
-New Serpentine Belt
-New Serpentine Belt Tensioner
-New Negative Battery cable (Old 1 was corroded at the battery terminal)
-New Ignition Switch (Found out after replacing it that it was the ground cable causing it not to start)
-No rips, tears, or damage to the seats or carpet ( unlike most F-Body's )

I will accept Trades, But I am only interested in A (Black/Blue Green Chameleon/Maple Red Metallic/or NBM) 98-02 LS1 Trans Am ~ In Good Shape. I will not be able to throw in any money, so If there is any interest in a Trade offer, I can only trade even or money on your part if the car is not up to my expectations. This car is in AMAZING shape and I am trying to present it in that manner. You are not going to be getting a rusted out/ smashed up/ peviously wrecked/ or hacked up camaro. This is a Very nice 3 owner car that has been well cared for and maintained. Of course it has a few things that will need addressed, but nothing major and I feel the price is very forgiving considering it's condition and miles!

***I am going to be WINTERIZING the car here very soon as well. Within the next Month actually. So all of the fluids will be changed or topped off - if needed. So it will be ready to be stored away until Spring, or driven if you choose to do so!

The Only pics as of now are of the car at a local spot where my car club takes pictures at... I do have a few of the car at my house, showing it's overall condition tho. I'll post them later...

***The car does not come with the 20" wheels and tires pictured in this for sale thread! I can include them for an additional price if need be.***

***The car has the ORIGINAL 96 Camaro Salad Shoter Wheels with Brand new Tires mounted on them! The wheels are almost Flawless as well!***

If you would like any pictures of anything in particular, feel free to ask and if you have any questions I will be more than happy to answer them to the best of my knowledge.

The car is very dependable, and has yet to ever let me down. Not to mention I treat this thing better than I do the GF. (I sure hope she doesn't read this) lol, And I hate to see it go, But I am ready to move on to something else.

The reason I am selling this car, Is bc I do not have the room to keep it stored in my garage 90% of the time And I refuse to leave it parked outside. Considering I do alot of work out of my garage, it's just not doable for me anymore. I'm tired of starting on something and having to push it out at night to park the RS inside. And also, I am not driving it as much as I would like to bc of the low miles. So I would rather pick up something else that I can drive more often and not feel as bad about driving and putting miles on or leaving parked outside at night if needed.
I would love to keep it, but it's just not practical for me.
I would much rather see someone else enjoy the car as much as I did, and actually drive it, take it to car shows, or just store it away and keep it up and with low miles.

Again, If you have any questions... Feel free to ask!

Thank You!

-James

***Here are some pictures of the car, If you need any more Just LMK!

NEW PRICE OF $6,000 FIRM!!!!
**Was listed for $7500, But I need it gone ASAP.
Attached Thumbnails FS: 96 Camaro RS (50k miles) White-5413889986_61381abe55_z.jpg   FS: 96 Camaro RS (50k miles) White-5413890882_fac18d9b7e_z.jpg   FS: 96 Camaro RS (50k miles) White-copy-5413280039_c94315cdc4_z.jpg   FS: 96 Camaro RS (50k miles) White-back-seats.jpg   FS: 96 Camaro RS (50k miles) White-front-seats.jpg  

FS: 96 Camaro RS (50k miles) White-interior.jpg   FS: 96 Camaro RS (50k miles) White-rs-3.jpg   FS: 96 Camaro RS (50k miles) White-dash-pad.jpg   FS: 96 Camaro RS (50k miles) White-rs-2.jpg   FS: 96 Camaro RS (50k miles) White-rs-cracked-bumper.jpg  

Last edited by LT1Formula007; 12-22-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:27 AM
Staging Lane

Bump for u James. I've seen this car personally many times it is very clean and deff worth the price
Old 11-01-2011, 11:44 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks Matt!

TTT Bump!
Old 11-03-2011, 10:36 AM
10 Second Club

Ttt bump
Old 11-04-2011, 02:24 PM
10 Second Club

ttt bump
Really wanna get into a nice Black LS1 Trans Am. Any offers?
Old 11-06-2011, 03:17 PM
10 Second Club

Ttt bump
Old 11-07-2011, 08:04 PM
10 Second Club

Ttt bump

Added new pics of the car! Please ignore the quality. They are taken with a cell phone since My camera is currently Broke!

**Also, If the car does not sell by this winter. At the beginning of Spring The car will get a new exhaust, Brakes all the way around, and a new dash pad, and Window Tint! Therefore fixing everything wrong with the car.
The bumper, May be repaired as well. But thats a maybe right now! I'm more concerned with the mechanical issues, and the interior issues considering thats what you tend to pay more attention to when you own the car. Considering you spend 90% of the time inside it, and the other 10% washing it, or gassing it up.

Just thought I'd add that so if someone is interested in it, and wanna negotiate that part of it. Maybe we can figure something out! That's of course if it don't sell until say Feb. or March 2012.

-James

Last edited by LT1Formula007; 11-07-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:07 AM
10 Second Club

bump it up
Old 11-13-2011, 11:58 AM
10 Second Club

ttt bump
Old 11-14-2011, 02:53 PM
10 Second Club

ttt again