Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you could do it again...

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up If you could do it again...

I'm about to start installing my LS1 and T56 into my 70 chevelle. I've read tons of posts about different installs. But the burning question for those that have been there done that...

What header, engine mounts and oil pans would you all use if you had to do it all over again. I just figured that maybe some of yall might do something different second time around.

Reason i'm asking is because i'm about to buy some parts and feed back is always a good thing.

Kyle
Old 11-08-2011, 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't even start the swap if I knew then what I know now. I would have just bought a Camaro roller and stripped it as light as possible and made a light racer out of it. This is a 1996 RCSB s10 swap though...
Old 11-09-2011, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to have a different oil pan in my 87 442 with a LQ4. Im running the Moroso swap pan. You have to use a remote oil filter setup, and that sucks. Also dont like the Iceman trans crossmember much either. And if you got the budget, go with an internal fuel pump.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I went with the Holley type of swap pan and 94 F-body exhaust manifolds in my 65 GTO. The swap went great and I'm very happy i did it.

I was able to use my original tranny cross member and mount, just had to move it back a bit.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would most likely use all of the same parts. I used Canton pan (maybe use Mast or GMPP), Dougs headers and adapter plates, modified crossmember, B-body tank, Northern radiator. All worked as advertised. This is a LQ9/4L60E with Magnacharger all under the hood.
My plan is to redo the wiring harness now that I have a better handle on routing.

Quick Reply: If you could do it again...