Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

98 Firebird BBC Stock Susp/Bracket Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 08:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 98 Firebird BBC Stock Susp/Bracket Car

Year: 1998
Make: Pontiac
Model: Firebird
Price: $16000
Mileage: 0
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): MD
Color: Green
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has other engine

This was an old ladys v6 car stripped down to nothing and built from the ground up. The car doesnt have more than 20 to 25 passes on it. Only reason im selling it is due to getting a divorce. Fastest pass to date is a 10.03 @ 134mph. This is a very clean car, no junk, interior still apperars factory. Almost all panels are still in the car, dash intact and not cracked. brand new windsheild, T-Tops still operate normally. This car was actually street driven for a short amount of time.

Motor - 481(100over) BBC, forged eagle internals, fairly large roller cam(have camcard if specs are needed), Merlin steel heads, comp hi-tech roller lifters, stud girdle, comp chromoly pushrods, edelbrock vicjr, 1050 holley dominator 2 circuit, ATI Balancer, moroso 2 vane vacuum pump, moroso electric water pump, mini alternator, Motor plate by madman. Motor was put together with the intention of running about a 200 shot of N20 but never got around to putting a kit on it.
Transmission - Powerglide, turbospline, deeppan, rated to 800hp, Co2 shifter, trans cooler w/ fan, TCI 5500 stall Torque converter 8".
Rearend - Moser Fab9 housing with toquearm, 33 spline axles, spool, 4.33 gears, Aerospace brakes.
Fuel - Behind Bars RaceCars stock location fuel cell, factory filler neck, Holley black pump, An8 Feed line.
Ignition - Digital 6, Blaster coil, MSD 8.5 wires, MSD Crank trigger, crabcap distributor.
Electrical - rear mouted batt. in box with disconnect lever, ARC Touch panel switches, Autometer guages, entire car was rewired.. nothing was left from the factory, dedenber Delay box, Optima batt. redtop(i believe)
Cooling - Aluminum radiator, electic waterpump, flexalite dual fans.
Wheels - Billet specialties stars
tires - 28x10.5S Slicks and front runners both hoosier
Brakes - Aerospace drag brakes all the way around. New brake lines all done in Stainless steel and AN3 fittings, Master cylinder, Line lock, working brake lights,
Suspension - All chromoly and most from Burkhart Chassis, entire frontend with manual steering rack, upper and lower A arms, drop spindles, K frame(no mounts), LCA, panhard bar, Moser Toque arm, Moser Trans Mount, Afco DA rear shocks, Afco SA front coilovers, Adj. rear spring perches, Steering column with removable steering wheel.
Cage - 10pt with funnycar addon, box subframe, NHRA Cert.
Body - Original paint, needs some body work and paint but doesnt look terrible as it sits, VFN liftoff hood Sloped 5".

Old 11-24-2011, 12:18 PM
TECH Regular

I dont know how i missed it, but i had requests for under-hood pictures.. here ya go.

My goal in this build was to have it look as clean as possible. The whole underside was striped, primed, and painted. All suspension is powdercoated.

Video
http://youtu.be/F0xvDHQ7KLw
The only thing diffrent now is the car has flowmaster mufflers and turndowns installed so i could drive it in Ocean City Marylands HotRod weekend.

Walkaround w/ mufflers
http://youtu.be/LoPzaHTXHDI

Last edited by 87Lt1Monte; 11-24-2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:58 PM
TECH Regular

Added one more Walk around video.. This also shows the damage on the body that was requested.

http://youtu.be/QvEuHqb7QJk
Old 11-28-2011, 06:08 PM
TECH Regular

Bump!!!!
Old 12-01-2011, 09:01 PM
TECH Regular

Bump...
Old 12-12-2011, 02:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

what did the cage cert to and whats it weigh?

any thought to selling the roller no engine/trans?
Old 12-12-2011, 03:39 PM
TECH Regular

The cage is cert'd to 8.50. Everything on the inside of the car is in place for a 25.5 but the undercar bars need to be put in for it to be 25.5. the car weighs in at 3k lbs with a steel headed bbc. Aluminum heads alone would take 100lbs off easy. I will consider selling it as a roller, if your serious give me a shout at 3012218098.

Edit: Also the cage is chromoly..
Old 12-13-2011, 07:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

not gonna waste your time on the details, just needed to know if it was an option, ill get back if the other pots i have brewing go stale.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:45 PM
TECH Regular

Okay no problem. BTW i have seen your car down at MIR waiting in line to get in just idleing as smooth as can be and then turn around and click off an 8 sec pass .. Love the car man, its ashame your trying to sell it!

Quick Reply: 98 Firebird BBC Stock Susp/Bracket Car