Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie Question, TSP Rumbler...

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Newbie Question, TSP Rumbler...

Hey all, first post here....Ive been reading for quite awhile and decided to actually register and post once I have my F-body (99 TA, got it a month ago).

The stock exhaust has already gotten boreing, and need something to really wake the car up, Im looking at the TSP Rumbler. It fits my budget perfectly (pretty low right now until I find anathor job to fund my hobby )

My only worry is this....My neighborhood is relatively quiet, and I live in a small suburb of Boston, and Im worried about the Rumbler being a weee bit too loud. Can anyone who has heard it calm my nerves? I really want to pick one up, but I dont want to have to take it off in the same week because its too loud. So can it be kept civil with a little light driving?

Any input would be great, and I like it loud, I just dont want it to be overly obnoxious (still gotta leave at 7am, and dont want complaints!)
Old 03-12-2004, 06:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What other mods do you have? On stock manifolds and cats, it won't be that much louder... definitely more mellow than the Loudmouth since the Rumbler has an actual bullet muffler instead of a resonator.

With my long tube headers and off-road pipe, the Rumbler is LOUD... I know my neighbors don't like it, especially when I start it up on Saturday mornings to go to work.
Old 03-12-2004, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

It will be on stock manifolds until I decide to do headers, which wont be for a couple months (after summer maybe). Right now Im just getting down some bolt ons, and I wanted to do exhaust first.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:30 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Brian @ Texas Speed & Performance's Avatar

The Rumbler will be fine with manifolds. Just got mine on last night. Shouldn't make the neighbors mad with that setup. Now adding LT's, that could be a different story! The system sounds great and you'll enjoy the added performance as well!

Brian
(806) 866-0734
Old 03-12-2004, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Haha, yeah Id like it to be loud, but not so much that the neighbors are hanging from their ceilings in the morning

So it looks like once I get headers (eventually) they will just have to deal

Thanks for all the replies and input, Im pretty much sold on it as of now!