Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Off Road Y-Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 08:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off Road Y-Pipe

Guys Im swapping out my SLP y-pipe for an off road version.....Maybe bassani or mac?? I need help with that..,But what I need to know is their anything else I need to change..Im not gonna have cats so will I throw codes???? Please help me with this mod.. Thanks guys!!
Old 03-12-2004, 08:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're eliminating the cats, you either need O2 simulators or rear O2 sensor delete with LS1edit or you'll get an SES light.
Old 03-13-2004, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

ssteve, if you are planning on keeping the slp loudmouth, id suggest picking up a bullet style muffler for the i pipe in place of the loudmouth resonator. the rasp even with stock manifolds with the ory and lm is horrible. its kinda cool at first then after about a week you're gonna start to hate it.

i think summitracing has 02 sims on sale for two of them this month. or you can check out the for sale section of this site the ongoing price for used is like 50 bucks usually. and WATCH out for bassani. its expensive new like 300-400 bucks for an off road y pipe. i got mine used for a great price from a guy off this board, and it fitok. wasn't as good as i was hoping i had to slightly modify it. Mac, their fitment is usually hit or miss it seems. but its cheaper.

Good luck man
Travis
Old 03-14-2004, 01:21 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the responses guys!! Will I pick up some hp's with the off road pipe??
Old 03-14-2004, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

you will gain some, but it probably wont pass the SOTP test. but the sound is quality with the right catback. off road y pipe with a loudmouth is going to be very very raspy. id suggest switching to the bullet style muffler with the y pipe install.
Travis
Old 03-24-2004, 10:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ssteve
Guys Im swapping out my SLP y-pipe for an off road version.....Maybe bassani or mac?? I need help with that..,But what I need to know is their anything else I need to change..Im not gonna have cats so will I throw codes???? Please help me with this mod.. Thanks guys!!
Dude, why not just buy my cat by-passes and keep your slp y-pipe... You'll save money. These are stainless steal pipes that bolt directly in place of your manifolds/shortie headers and your y-pipe. The flanges couldn't be a more perfect fit.. What year is your car? I'll sell you the by-pass pipes and the O2 simmulators for $265 shipped! Let me know if you find a off road y-pipe & O2 simm combination for cheaper than that... joseph28104@yahoo.com