Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pictures of Wegner Automotive Research's GMPP LS1 intake & Distributor drive

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 09:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,451 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Default Pictures of Wegner Automotive Research's GMPP LS1 intake & Distributor drive

Recently, I was at Wegner Automotive Research and saw their flyer on the WAR's GMPP LS1 intake and supporting componets. I'll post up more info later.

BTW-WAR builds or freshens ~200 or so NASCAR (Busch & Truck), circle track & dirt track racing engines a year.
Attached Thumbnails Pictures of Wegner Automotive Research's GMPP LS1 intake & Distributor drive-war.jpg  
Old 03-24-2004, 08:16 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Any power ratings and configurations on this setup? I bet this will be a popular setup with the sand rail crowd...................
Thanks for posting.

Richard
Old 03-24-2004, 10:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,451 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Yes, I'll get it posted soon. Basically, ~520+ flywheel hp with ported LS6 heads & LS6 cam. The torque peak moves up to ~
5,200+ rpm. Part of the power will depend on the intake porting done. WAR designed the intake with material to allow for proper port matching.

There are several ways to use the intake.

With the front adapter and WAR ignition system. Can also use mechanical fuel pump and WAR has a water pump too & crank trigger.

Factory wiring harness & PCM, add MAP sensor to the intake. Use elbow like the 5.0 guys either with or without MAF ie speed density tuning could be used.

Aftermarket set up like Electromotive TEC3 control system for the engine & intake.

I'll get more info posted tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Pictures of Wegner Automotive Research's GMPP LS1 intake & Distributor drive