Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head bolt hole--hole?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 01:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head bolt hole--hole?

Hay fellas I just got my short block back from the machine shop. I had it honed and assembled with forged rods and piston, any way Have it on the stand and I started cleanin head bolt holes. I look in with a flashlight at the very bottom passenger side bolt hole with the dowl in it and noticed about an inch down theres a small hole.. Its. Not in the threads but it looks hollow. Kinda looks like its deep.. Its on the side away from the piston I dont think it leads to a wate jacket or anything just curious if coolent or oil may like in what do yal think??
Old 12-09-2011, 01:14 AM
On The Tree

Its the passenger side rear most bottom bolt its bout a 16th by 16th of an inch big. Its an 03 LS6 block just not shure if coolent reaches the outer edge of the block. Doesnt look like it but ya never know..
Old 12-09-2011, 01:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Maybe try filling the coolant areas of the block n see what happens ,,,,,or better yet put fluid into the bolt hole and put a head bolt in n tighten it finger tight ,,,,,,,,,unless You're the hulk or somethin ,,,,,,,,,not very tight just enough to push the fluid out to ? wherever if it does go somewhere it should'nt . Let it sit 4 a few min and try to finger tighten it in some more ,,,,if it does go in more every few min. then there's prob a problem n if it does'nt then it's all good .
Old 12-09-2011, 01:46 AM
On The Tree

Awesome idea bro thanks.. il see what happens gunna be pissst if it leaks out some were...