Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads/Cam 150 Wet How Much Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heads/Cam 150 Wet How Much Fuel

Hey everyone. I've been searching around for info and have read all the stickies in the nitrous and fuel system subforums but haven't really found what I want.

My setup is a 228R Cam with stock 799 heads. I'm planning to run a 150 wet shot, most likely through a plate. My question is how much fuel do I need?

I know my stock fuel pump isn't going to cut it. And I know I'll probably need a rewire.

A wet shot will be pulling fuel from the rail right? So I should be fine with 42lb injectors that are enough to support my heads/cam setup N/A. But for pumps what does everyone run? I was thinking I'd need twin 255lph pumps or a similar setup. What does everyone suggest?

Thanks
Old 12-14-2011, 05:10 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

You can pull fuel from the rail without a problem all the way up to a 200hp shot but thats about the limit in most cases but there are those rare ones that are going higher pulling off the rail. You will be fine with the 42lb injectors also.

For the fuel setup id suggest going to route of a Racetronix setup. The Racetronix setup will get you fueling capable of supporting 650RWHP.

Pump http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...0&product=3318

Harness http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...3&product=3721
Old 12-15-2011, 04:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

You dont need to change injectors for a wet setup. Racetronix kit(with hot wire) here, very satisfied.

Dont use nitrous without enough fuel, or say goodbye to your engine.