Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harris Speed Works

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 01:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harris Speed Works

How legit is this kit? It just seems like its considerably cheaper than other similar kits from like ZEX, NX, NOS..ect. Just wondering if anyone has used it and seen issues with it or is it a good kit? because for the price it doesnt seem like you can beat it!
Old 09-20-2010, 01:14 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, Harris speed works is a company. So If you want to buy HSW its probably fairly expensive

Most company's have budget oriented systems, NX included.

What type of system are you looking for? Goals for the car? What is the car?

Let me know.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:18 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What do you mean by legit? There are people on here using there systems and they have been around for a few years now.

What are you looking for in a system and how much are you looking to spray?
Dave
Old 09-20-2010, 02:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

HSW and the two guys who posted above are our ls1tech sponsors and any one of their kits are good kits if it just happens that HSW's kit is cheaper then it just works out that way, it is still a quality kit.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Ive purchased products from both Harris Speed Works and Nitrous Outlet, and they both have quality products and great customer service.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:11 PM
Launching!

I plan on running a 100 wet shot, my mods right now are the raptr cam from TR and stage one ported heads running 300cfm...with basically full bolt ons minus a udp. Transmission is stock besides a spec stage 3 and rear end is stock besides motive 4.10s...yes I know those will eventually go to **** but im ready to replace them when they break. Hope to make mid 500s on the shot and upward around 600ft lbs.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:15 PM
Launching!

I mean is there a difference in the solenoids with these kits? I know zex has a somewhat different solenoid system, they rate there shots to the crank and not to the wheels.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have a 90mm daves plate and its great! my buddy has a harris wet nozzle with the brute solenoids(big ones)...I have Harris interface to pull timing when the kit sprays and works great! Really you cant go wrong with any of the sponsors here! See who has the best deals and go from there..I bought my nitrous gage form Dynotune another sponsor here..so call each one look at their site and see what they have to offer..

My wife got me a gift card to vengeance racing and they carried Daves stuff and Got a great deal on one of thier kits
Old 09-20-2010, 03:23 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the input man! Im just trying to save a little money but I want good quality also so I figured id post something up on here and get some opinions from the different vendors and nitrous guys
Old 09-20-2010, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Harris is a GREAT company to deal with.

Old 09-20-2010, 04:09 PM
Teching In

i ordered some parts from harris a week ago the spare tire mount and the ashtray switch
both were very nice peices with instructions and they had super fast shipping
Old 09-20-2010, 04:20 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by BStowers023
I mean is there a difference in the solenoids with these kits? I know zex has a somewhat different solenoid system, they rate there shots to the crank and not to the wheels.
Yes sir there is. Everything from the quality of the magnets to the flow path is different in most cases.

We designed our solenoids to be what we think is the best design out there. We call them the lightning series solenoids. Here is a post I made about them:

Why you need Nitrous Express Lightning Series Solenoids

NX Lightning Series Solenoids flow great, weigh less and look sexy.
The key to maximizing nitrous horsepower is to keep the nitrous in liquid form until it is injected into the engine. Sharp bends cause nitrous flow to become turbulent which causes gaseous bubbles to form in the nitrous flow. Expansion areas also cause the nitrous to go gaseous. Liquid nitrous makes more power than gaseous nitrous – Period!
NX Lightning solenoids feature a raised inlet and a bottom exit which eliminates up to four 90 degree turns and one expansion area in the body of the solenoid. The result is more horsepower! Lightning series solenoids are CNC machined from lightweight billet aluminum and topped with carbon fiber cans for the ultimate in weight savings.

Lightning series nitrous solenoids feature a bypass port which allows you to connect a purge valve directly to the body of the nitrous solenoid. Connecting the purge valve to the body of the nitrous solenoid not only looks cleaner, it ensures that there is no trapped air in the body of the solenoid.

Lightning series fuel solenoids feature a bypass port which allows you to connect a small bypass/return line to your tank. This eliminates lean spikes caused by trapped air between your fuel pressure regulator and the fuel solenoid.

Nitrous Express only uses the highest quality, made in the USA solenoids. Don’t be fooled by low price come-ons, the solenoids are the most important component of a nitrous system. Lightning series solenoids come standard in many NX nitrous systems and are also available separately as an upgrade to your existing nitrous system.

But budget does not allow for that. Thats why we created our mainline series. NX quality for the guys not looking to spend a lot of coin.

http://nitrousexpress.com/product-details.php?id=1367

We even have a direct port version of the mainline we do for 999$ plumbing on your intake included.. HSW is a good company, if you like those guys, then you should run there product. Just know that we at NX and other sponsors have great budget options as well.

Thanks for the input man! Im just trying to save a little money but I want good quality also so I figured id post something up on here and get some opinions from the different vendors and nitrous guys
Hey, we all are sir. Like I said above deal with the company you like and trust. The ones worth dealing with will set you up with what you need.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:50 PM
Launching!

Thanks nitrous express and everyone else, ill do some more research and let u know which one I go with!
Old 09-20-2010, 04:55 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Thanks nitrous express and everyone else, ill do some more research and let u know which one I go with!
Good luck with your research let me know if I can help with anything.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you get the HSW microedge controller you better get the rest of their stuff too because their little 20amp controller won't play well with serious solenoids like NX sells with heavy duty magnets. I see a Microedge+ uninstall in my future.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SargeZ06
If you get the HSW microedge controller you better get the rest of their stuff too because their little 20amp controller won't play well with serious solenoids like NX sells with heavy duty magnets. I see a Microedge+ uninstall in my future.
What issues are you having troubles with? Im in the process of installing the microedge with a nitrous outlet kit with the big solenoids.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 895 Likes on 637 Posts

Originally Posted by 355z28
What issues are you having troubles with? Im in the process of installing the microedge with a nitrous outlet kit with the big solenoids.
I would like to hear more on this and the reasoning behind this.

I will leave it at that for now.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 355z28
The microedge won't fire the nitrous noid in progressive mode and is slow firing it in standard mode without any progressive. Meaning there is like a second or 2 before the nitrous hits after it's activated. Probably because the there aren't enough amps to move that big magnet. And the delay is never consistent. Sometimes it is a second, sometimes longer.

Matt at HSW said their controller is only rated to carry 20amp noids and if mine were more then that's my problem. Well NX are 33amp so...

Anyway Graham at NX is working on a solution for me so I don't have to gut all the wiring and switch to another controller.

Apparently HSW only wants you to use their gear and not interchange it with anyone elses.

That's fine but they should let people know this before they buy their equipment.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I run the HSW kit. No complaints here, all the bugs I had when I 1st. installed it, was operator error. The kit works flawless.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 06blackGTO
I run the HSW kit. No complaints here, all the bugs I had when I 1st. installed it, was operator error. The kit works flawless.

Who's solenoids are you using? If HSW then you shouldn't have an issue.

Quick Reply: Harris Speed Works