Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Question about the ls-2

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about the ls-2

Well I have found out that my car that I picked up use to have a headers and had a maggie on it but was put back to stock but still has an underdrive pulley on the alternator and a LCAI I was told by a member that it put down 510hp don't know if that was at the wheels or what but everything on the car is sound and the motor seems real strong. How do you guys think this may have affected the life of the drivetrain. I was going to do all of this anyways just wanted to know how effect everything
Old 12-12-2011, 07:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

if it had a safe tune and not boosted to **** it should be ok.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Teching In

thats what I thought just feels better when somebody else tells you just going to go to the dyno and have the tune checked in a few weeks to make sure things are all good.....Thanks
Old 12-13-2011, 07:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

if it had a safe tune and not boosted to **** it should be ok.
A 'safe' tune has really nothing to do with how the drivetrain was affected. A boosted car being beat on or raced hard could have the best or worst tunes in the world and the transmission and rear end would feel the same exact thing.

The tune is more for the engine, which if you don't hear anything out of the ordinary then it sounds like it's ok. Though I'd be a little worried about the wear put on other parts like I mentioned, behind the engine...especially if it's a manual. Someone putting on a maggie on a car is not going to drive it with a featherfoot and keep it under 3k rpm.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Smile

good point.

if its put back to stock then maybe any suspension/drivetrain upgrades were also put back that way.

of course have it checked out.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Teching In

I found the old owner and found out that the blower was only on the car for about 3000 miles he sold everything off to by a house car had a safe tune on it and he really took care of it all the fluids have just been changed with in the last 4000 miles I had a few different people vouch for it on chicagoholdenconnection so I know I'm all good now. He kept a street tire on it and never ran it at the track and yeah I know what you mean about someone putting a maggie on it and driving nice but what were these cars made for I wanted one that was broken in the right way like I did with my other cars....I think my old Z-28 ran half it's life at WOT and never had a problem
Old 12-13-2011, 07:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Smile

good deal.

id say youll be ok as far as any major problems.

Quick Reply: Question about the ls-2