Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

headers=ordered :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 08:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headers=ordered :)

so i ordered some headers off marylandspeed.com and at first i was going to get the coated pacesetters but after i ordered, i was called and told i could get kooks with connector pipes for just 200 buck more. so i did. and now im looking forward to my new kooks headers to arrive soon
Old 12-08-2011, 06:42 PM
8 Second Club

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

what year GTO? what size headers? we need info if your gonna get E-props!!!
Old 12-08-2011, 11:57 PM
On The Tree

2004 gto. k&n filter, stock everything else. first upgrade is now a set of kooks 1 3/4" x 3" headers and mid pipes. hope they get here fast. my car should be out of the body shop tomorrow from where a guy backed into me...twice. and if they come in soon, i plan on having them installed next weekend i have flowtech mufflers on it now, but im sure i will be getting a catback soon. im excited.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:49 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Total pricetag? I have pacesetters on mine right now that were on the car when I bought it but they're nothing pretty to look at. I've thought about wrapping them or having them coated and even about getting new ones so if there is that little of a difference between getting a new coated set and getting some Kooks I'll definitely be ordering those from MarylandSpeed.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:26 AM
8 Second Club

the next mod your gonna want is cam and a tune if your an M6 or a stall if your A4.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:28 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by thehazz12
Total pricetag? I have pacesetters on mine right now that were on the car when I bought it but they're nothing pretty to look at. I've thought about wrapping them or having them coated and even about getting new ones so if there is that little of a difference between getting a new coated set and getting some Kooks I'll definitely be ordering those from MarylandSpeed.
better to do it the right way once instead of doing it twice. it sucked shelling out $900 for kooks but damn ive had them for almost 2 years now and they look brand new (besides turning bluish). money well spent.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LILHEMI
better to do it the right way once instead of doing it twice. it sucked shelling out $900 for kooks but damn ive had them for almost 2 years now and they look brand new (besides turning bluish). money well spent.
Yeah it looks like I'll end up with Kooks when I'm done with these. Probably won't happen this winter but maybe next. Any reason you chose Kooks over SLP or AR?
Old 12-09-2011, 07:27 PM
8 Second Club

Yeah it looks like I'll end up with Kooks when I'm done with these. Probably won't happen this winter but maybe next. Any reason you chose Kooks over SLP or AR?
just typical internet bullshit is all they are probably all very similar in power and sound but ive heard nothing but good things about kooks for years so i went with them and i couldnt be happier. my car sounds stupid.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrPushr0.../0/Vv9FSbm8Swg

feel free to make tons of fun of the vid lol. my buddy made it and hes a pud.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:08 PM
On The Tree

kooks are suppose to have the best fitment. i got headers and mids for 900 even
Old 12-10-2011, 08:39 PM
TECH Regular

just typical internet bullshit is all they are probably all very similar in power and sound but ive heard nothing but good things about kooks for years so i went with them and i couldnt be happier. my car sounds stupid.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrPushr0.../0/Vv9FSbm8Swg

feel free to make tons of fun of the vid lol. my buddy made it and hes a pud.
Car sounds pretty nice. You got more going on there than just the headers and exhaust or is that it? Love the BOM. My dad likes my car so much that he's thinking about a BOM. He wants that, a '10 camaro, or the new V sedan. I wanted an IBM with the blue interior but got mine for a killer deal and couldn't pass it up so he said if I found a good deal on one of those he would work out a deal with me on it so he could have mine. Cool video too. Wish I had roads like that where I live ):.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:41 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by adamc45
kooks are suppose to have the best fitment. i got headers and mids for 900 even
Yeah I still don't know how you found that great of a deal. I think my buddy spent something like $1200 on just the headers. Maybe he got mids too but he left that out when telling me. There's nothing wrong with my pacesetters for now so I really hope I can get that deal when I'm in the market for headers.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:28 AM
On The Tree

well i ordered pacesetters then i got a phone call from someone at maryland speed and he told me that he would give me kooks with mid pipes for 900. call up there. they might cut u a deal
Old 12-11-2011, 02:04 PM
8 Second Club

Car sounds pretty nice. You got more going on there than just the headers and exhaust or is that it? Love the BOM. My dad likes my car so much that he's thinking about a BOM. He wants that, a '10 camaro, or the new V sedan. I wanted an IBM with the blue interior but got mine for a killer deal and couldn't pass it up so he said if I found a good deal on one of those he would work out a deal with me on it so he could have mine. Cool video too. Wish I had roads like that where I live ):.
car is no longer BOM as you can see in my avatar i put a TSP torquer V2 cam in it and thats it as far as power mods.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:03 PM
TECH Regular

car is no longer BOM as you can see in my avatar i put a TSP torquer V2 cam in it and thats it as far as power mods.
I'm new to this forum thing lol. Where do I find your avatar and what color is it now? I'm hoping to do a cam swap in mine around spring time. At the moment my plan is for the TexasSpeed 228R (228/228 .588"/.588" 114 LSA) but by the time I do the swap that may change. After that I'm just gonna tune it myself since I just bought hptuners.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:50 PM
8 Second Club

I'm new to this forum thing lol. Where do I find your avatar and what color is it now? I'm hoping to do a cam swap in mine around spring time. At the moment my plan is for the TexasSpeed 228R (228/228 .588"/.588" 114 LSA) but by the time I do the swap that may change. After that I'm just gonna tune it myself since I just bought hptuners.
**** wrong forum lol. Thats what i get for posting on my phone. Search for my threads. I made one with tons of pics.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:04 PM
TECH Regular

**** wrong forum lol. Thats what i get for posting on my phone. Search for my threads. I made one with tons of pics.
Lol. You must be over on ls1gto too. I think I saw your car over there. Looks killer btw. Is that a custom color or did you pull that from something else?
Old 12-11-2011, 05:11 PM
8 Second Club

Its a lamborghini color.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:28 PM
TECH Regular

Its a lamborghini color.
Ahh that makes sense. It's kinda similar to that orange color on some of the newer Mustangs but yours has more orange in it. I like it better. What made you decide to do that? Just wanted something different? Do anything to the interior to match the exterior?
Old 12-12-2011, 08:47 AM
8 Second Club

Ahh that makes sense. It's kinda similar to that orange color on some of the newer Mustangs but yours has more orange in it. I like it better. What made you decide to do that? Just wanted something different? Do anything to the interior to match the exterior?
im going to get katzkin to make me some new seat covers. i want black with orange suede inserts. thats not a high priority right now though. im definitely making the car faster next year. just need to figure out if i want to keep my current set up and throw a blower on it, go single turbo or maybe even go stroker with some squeeze. decisions decisions
Old 12-12-2011, 08:56 AM
TECH Regular

I just bought a set of Kook's for my '06 from Summit for $854. Did the racers discount and also ordered the mids as well. The only thing is that the mids are on b/o and I called Kooks and they are making them right now. So hopefully there will be more in the system for others to order.
I do have to admit, these are my first set of Kooks, and they do look good. Very impressed!

Quick Reply: headers=ordered :)