Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lsx Sound question?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 09:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lsx Sound question?

Anyone notice with their lsx intake they have more sound from it? I have a hollow type sound that I hear inside the intake, anyone else notice something like this? Other than that it's fine. Thanks
Old 03-14-2004, 09:29 PM
11 Second Club

i heard someone earlier say that since it sits right on the valley pan, it might transmit more noise than normal.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by EVIL
i heard someone earlier say that since it sits right on the valley pan, it might transmit more noise than normal.

I intalled my LSX about 2 weeks ago. The only differn't noise I hear is that the intake noise has a deeper growl to it (I like it). Mine does not sit on the valley floor but about 1/4" - 3/8" above (they give you round headed internal wrenching bolts and these help with the clearance). Also, I have noticed the car pulls constantly hard all the way up to red line from about 3000 rpm. Before, I could feel the pull going away as the rpms went up (my car is a 2001 and I had the LS6 manifold). The only problem I had with the installatoin was the Throttle Body. I had to machine the cable pulley end down some so it would go full open. I also made a mount bracket for the MAP sensor that connects to the rear of the manifold (the bracket actually clips onto the back of the manifold and then the MAP sensor clips to it, it works pretty good). I also used the factoy manifold bolts to mount the LSX down. The factory bolts are alot easier to install then the allen wrech bolts that come with the manifold (they are exactly the same size/length so it bolted down real nice).
Old 03-15-2004, 12:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hmm anyone else?
Old 03-15-2004, 08:13 AM
10 Second Club

My valve train noise was amplified about 10 fold by the LSX. I figure it's because it touches the valley cover, and the LSX is just a big echo chamber. And the hissing noise from the AIR pump when it first starts seems louder too. My neighbor asked if I had put the S/C on it already! lol
Old 03-15-2004, 11:26 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The LS6 maniflod has two peices of foam on each end of the manifold, the LSX doesn't, which is why you hear more noise. The foam helps with the noise, kinda like a sound deadener.
Old 03-16-2004, 05:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Hawkn01
The LS6 maniflod has two peices of foam on each end of the manifold, the LSX doesn't, which is why you hear more noise. The foam helps with the noise, kinda like a sound deadener.
Tim,

you think a couple pieces of foam fit under there?
Old 03-16-2004, 05:15 PM
10 Second Club

I don't see why you couldn't, but I think the reason they don't supply foam peices with it because it probably cools the manifold better by letting air flow through the underside.