Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

qtec's and y-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 11:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default qtec's and y-pipe

I was wondering with the qtecs if i would buy the cutouts seperate and put them on, where would the qtec go? or if i would buy the cut out y-pipe? the setup i want to get is qtp lt's, qtec's, (not sure about the y-pipe hence the thread ) and borla cat back. i read up that if i had the qtecs that i could just remove the plate on the borla adjustable system, so it even worth gettin the borlas or should i go with something else. info on this would help me alot because i want to get this stuff done within the next month.
Old 03-14-2004, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

you can put them in the same place as where QTP puts them on their y pipe

or some people put it right before the muffler
Old 03-15-2004, 12:08 AM
TECH Junkie

If you get the qtec y pipe you can get it like the above picture with the qtecs right after the collectors to give you basically open headers when they are open. If you want to save some cash you can 1 qtec where the y merges into one pipe and you can put it basically anywhere on that straignt peice before it bends up to go over the axle. When I had my qtec I put it all the way to the back right before the bend and angled it at about a 45 degree angle.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:33 AM
12 Second Club

is there any difference in haveing dual qtecs to the single? and if i get that qtec y pipe where would that cats go? Could i get the qtp cat y-pipe and weld in the dual qtecs right after the headers and before the cats? installation is of no ordeal for me my uncle owns a shop and if i do it with him i dont have to pay for labor. so is that worth doing?
Old 03-15-2004, 06:37 PM
12 Second Club

Old 03-15-2004, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

click on the link to check out the Y pipe's QTP makes...
http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/...s1headers.html

i don't see how you could get the dual cutouts for open headers if you wanted to have cats...but what you could do is IF you really want a cutout is go ahead and get a Ypipe that has cats and just get a single cutout weleded on the single pipe of the Y pipe (where the y merges into one pipe) or just have it wayyyy in the back right before the muffler...
Old 03-15-2004, 06:53 PM
11 Second Club

give them a call..they'll answer all your questions... they are an awesome company to deal with and their product is the best..

www.quicktimeperformance.com
Old 03-15-2004, 11:54 PM
12 Second Club

http://ls1sounds.com/pics/QTP/QTP_dr...utout_dump.JPG check this link out it shows what i am talking about. there are more pics as well if u want to go to www.ls1sounds.com/pics/
Old 03-16-2004, 12:20 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Durien
give them a call..they'll answer all your questions... they are an awesome company to deal with and their product is the best..

www.quicktimeperformance.com