Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Night time highway battles #1 video

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 02:27 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Night time highway battles #1 video

http://youtu.be/TVRNGmvaPi0

Me and some local's tearing up the highway.My car(camera car)ws6 heads,small cam, 3.73's,headers,tru duals ,no cat's.C5 zo6 has longtube's, no cat's,? SS full exhaust with a cutout.Run's hard but doesn't look like much is under the hood,? Last run is with another modded cam,exhaust,? ws6.Bonus dig fail at the end!Cold ground and street tires =spin city!Watch on youtube for more info.Sorry no official list of mod's on the other car's!
Old 02-05-2012, 03:15 AM
Launching!

nice z06..movin out hard
Old 02-05-2012, 03:45 AM
Staging Lane

awesome video...loved it...the best scene was the latter part of the vid, with all three LS
powered cars going for it and letting nothing stand in there way of getting a win...that's what it's all about...great fun. keep them coming...lololol
Old 02-05-2012, 03:57 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks!Soon as the weather got descent everyone was itching to take the car's out and traffic wasn't stopping us!There were other car's in the mix but not everyone kept up!I let off at 120 or less every race cause it's not the safest place considering the turns,cold ground,etc!Not much point going into 5th!

Last edited by BayArea ws6; 02-05-2012 at 04:10 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 413 Likes on 331 Posts

Good runnin ls6 in that vid!
Old 02-05-2012, 10:24 AM
TECH Regular

wouldn't of thought a bolt on c5z would of pulled that hard on a h/c ls1
Old 02-05-2012, 11:12 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
wouldn't of thought a bolt on c5z would of pulled that hard on a h/c ls1
x2: What size cam and what kind of heads? With TD's you should be at least 400 rwhp with a smallish cam and decent heads.

A little dissapointed with the camera car if it is a true Heads/Cam/Exhaust car losing to a header only c5Z, despite the weight difference.

Nice vid.

head on a swivel for those innocent by standards though, looked like a couple close calls at those speeds.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:34 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah well he didn't get me every time and I let off at 120/125 while the others were a lil more on the gas!Also my friend filming is like 250 at least,vette had no passenger.Thought I would do better too considering last one I ran I beat with my t tops off and had a passenger with me.Like I said he didnt win every race and there were other time's we ran but the video was too dark.Also my heads/cam setup is a bit on the mild side considering I originally intended to pass smog with it!Oh well no more excuses!Flame suit on.Also yes I know things got a little sketchy with other cars on the road hence why I let off the gas sooner than the other's.Can't control how my friend's and others drive much less the fact that it is so overpopulated here car's are on the road at all hours!I don't expect everyone to like the vid so keep the comment's coming negative or positive,I don't really care!My car is slow,i'm a shitty driver,so on and so on..lol!Can't please everyone or anyone on ls1tech!Plenty of heads/cam car's that run much harder than mine.I'm well aware!Also note the ? mark's by the mod's.Homie with the z used to run me with his camaro, he claimed just had a catback exhaust.After I ran him and from friend's confirmation it was clear he had a big *** cam and something else goin on!Didn't think that ss in this vid would run as hard as it did for the mod's he told me so who know's!Cool people just maybe a little secretive about their mod's!Not gonna rip apart there engines to confirm!Or maybe I'm wrong and my car is just slow,lol!

Last edited by BayArea ws6; 02-05-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:47 PM
11 Second Club

I don't mean to sound like a dick but I think you need to have your tune checked or get it retuned because your car should be running a lot harder for the mods! I mean right now it's damn near like a bolt-on car lol. Who tuned/built it?
Old 02-05-2012, 05:58 PM
TECH Regular

Ya thats what was weird 2 of the runs he beat you really bad then a couple others was close
Old 02-05-2012, 06:01 PM
11 Second Club

The SS sounded like it was cammed...
Old 02-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Staging Lane

No worries Ls1rob00,you don't like a dick and it's kinda true! Synergy Motorsports,HP tune.Maybe I could get more power from a tune at newtech,doesn't sound worth the money without actually changing something under the hood.LS1rob00 you are the only one in this thread that has actually seen my car and you know it isn't that crazy of a setup,more on the mild side!It just doesn't seem likely that Synergy is gonna give me a more conservative tune when they know I'm hunting for more power/bigger number's when I bring my car in!Worse case scenario is they would do that to take advantage of my wanting more power problem!I really don't want to jump to those kind of conclusions but I can't help but agree with the fact my car should run harder for the power and the numbers it put's down.I have had a lot of different results with cars that had less mods,more mod's and everything in between so it's hard to have a real accurate form of measurement.Can't say I am totally content with my current setup but who ever is!As long as I own this car it will only get faster because I definitely have a problem although my wallet can't alway's keep up!I do get surprised (on the highway cause dig's have so many variables )by cars with less mods and it is kinda frustrating!

Last edited by BayArea ws6; 02-06-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree. Something is up with your car. And The SS does sound like it has a cam.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Staging Lane

Definitely ran harder than most full exhaust LS1s I have come across!
Old 02-06-2012, 01:09 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BayArea ws6
Yeah well he didn't get me every time and I let off at 120/125 while the others were a lil more on the gas!Also my friend filming is like 250 at least,vette had no passenger.Thought I would do better too considering last one I ran I beat with my t tops off and had a passenger with me.Like I said he didnt win every race and there were other time's we ran but the video was too dark.Also my heads/cam setup is a bit on the mild side considering I originally intended to pass smog with it!Oh well no more excuses!Flame suit on.Also yes I know things got a little sketchy with other cars on the road hence why I let off the gas sooner than the other's.Can't control how my friend's and others drive much less the fact that it is so overpopulated here car's are on the road at all hours!I don't expect everyone to like the vid so keep the comment's coming negative or positive,I don't really care!My car is slow,i'm a shitty driver,so on and so on..lol!Can't please everyone or anyone on ls1tech!Plenty of heads/cam car's that run much harder than mine.I'm well aware!Also note the ? mark's by the mod's.Homie with the
z used to run me with his camaro, he claimed just had a catback exhaust.After I ran him and from friend's confirmation it was clear he had a big *** cam and something else goin on!Didn't think that ss in this vid would run as hard as it did for the mod's he told me so who know's!Cool people just maybe a little secretive about their mod's!Not gonna rip apart there engines to confirm!Or maybe I'm wrong and my car is just slow,lol!
At the end of the day we do this for fun. You have a solid foundation mods wise to build on. Dont take it personal that myself and others pointed out the obvious. More of an observation than hating on your car.

Have you had your car dyno'd lately?
Old 02-06-2012, 01:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I might just have to come out to one of these meets one of these nights
Old 02-06-2012, 02:55 AM
11 Second Club

I'm like 90% sure that SS has a cam lol. I haven't heard any Bolt-On cars sounds like that, and it's revving higher than a Bolt-On car would too. Did you hear him idling at all?
Old 02-06-2012, 06:03 AM
Staging Lane

I don't feel that any one is hating on my car,no worrie's there!At the end of the night this is all for fun,I completely agree with that!SS definitely sounded and ran like it had a big cam!Didn't seem too special under the hood as far as other mod's go.heads ,intake were stock as far as my eye's can see!My car dynoed at 414 rwhp 389 rwtq sae corrected after I had the long tubes installed and cat's removed last year.Heads are factory port afr 205's and cam is a 224/228 114 lsa not extreme by any mean's.Maybe I could get a more aggressive tune and get more power,I can't guarantee my car is running as hard as it should!Either way it's all good ,I'm not taking the comments here as insults ,more like constructive criticism.No problem!
Old 02-06-2012, 07:25 AM
Launching!

I guess to me how hard is a 3600 pound 415 rwhp car suppossed to pull?

a stock z06 with 350 rwhp at 3200 pounds is a good match for a 415 rwhp fbody. Thats just a 65 rwhp differance but also a 400 pound advantage for the z06 as well as that badass m12 trannie in the c5.

now throw in headers or what ever the vette had and it might just be a 30 rwhp differance. Hell yea the z06 is gonna walk. Make no mistake the c5z06 is a animal.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Staging Lane

Logical explanation from a former c5zo6 owner.Nice!

Quick Reply: Night time highway battles #1 video