Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT's ory and bullet or LT's and catted Y?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 08:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT's ory and bullet or LT's and catted Y?

Im finally going to be purchasing LT's this week and was wondering what everyones opinion was on whether I should get an ory and weld a 18" bullet in the I pipe or have just get a catted Y.

I know the bullet set-up will be louder, but by how much? I've heard LT's and ory cars before, and I really dont want my car that loud. How much would the bullet help muffle the sound?

Also, how much hp do you guys think Id lose going from the bullet setup to the catted set up?

Anyone have any sound clips of LT's, ory, bullet and a magnaflow cb?

Thanks!
Old 03-20-2004, 10:27 AM
TECH Regular

Not meaning to be offensive but the search option is your friend. There is a plethora of different sound clips on this forum as well as http://www.ls1sounds.com. As far as your question on the exhaust it all comes down to what you like. Cats or no cats??? REally doesn't have a big impact on your performance if you get the right cats. I would definitely vote for the ORY if you dont' have to worry about passing emissions. If you do have to worry about emissions and don't want to have to worry about the hassle of switching it everytime I'd just go with the cats. Besides that best of luck with your decision making.

Justin
Old 03-20-2004, 05:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

been to site and they dont have his set up except for a 409 ci motor or something like that. Somebody has to have this setup. I think im going this way. Headers, ory, bullet, and magnaflow.
matt
Old 03-20-2004, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

Had a dynomax bullet put in yesterday. Didnt seem to make much of a difference at all. Its still very loud and has a lot of rasp at around 2500 rpms. Thinking about trying the borla x-1 to clean up the sound.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mattsls1
been to site and they dont have his set up except for a 409 ci motor or something like that. Somebody has to have this setup. I think im going this way. Headers, ory, bullet, and magnaflow.
matt
Thats all I found when I searched too...

White2001ta, what size bullet did you put in? Ive heard the 18" makes a difference.

What about just putting another muffler like the borla or another single inlet/outlet magnaflow in the I pipe? I bet a system w/2 magnaflows would sound sweet! Anyone have a similar setup that can provide clips?
Old 03-22-2004, 07:03 AM
Staging Lane

T T T
Old 03-30-2004, 07:38 AM
Staging Lane

T T T
Old 03-30-2004, 09:07 AM
TECH Regular

I have Grot LT's and a custom ORY with a 4" Flowmaster collector... I just welded in an 18" Dynomax Race Magnum (or whatever the $35.99 Jegs special is) and a turndown, and I think it's pretty darn quiet. It screams at WOT with very little rasp and is quiet on the highway, however I think that a lot of the rasp reduction is coming from the collector on the Y. If you're interested I can try to get a sound clip for you.
Old 03-30-2004, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

can you please get me a soundclip please.
matt
Old 04-02-2004, 10:35 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah, let me see what I can do.