Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Back on the road.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 08:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Back on the road.

The car has been unregistered now for about two years, my 2000 FRC Corvette. The build was long but, well worth it. Still, not done but, I needed to have it together. Drove it now for last 24 hours. Runs like a champ considering it's a different setup. Big thanks to Johan and Mike L @ Diablosport. I've been data logging and sending files back and forth. Car runs awesome compaired to the initial base setup. Anyways, it's back,..it has a few bugs in it but, it's back. And holy ****,...it feels good.

(was- 346ci twin PTK kit 67mm twin turbo, stock block, afr 205's and a fast 90 on 93 octane and a stock style pump, maxing out at 5500rpms and 787rwhp and 696ft-lbs on 11 psi and 12 degrees of timing-superflow load bearing dyno

Now, 364ci LS2 Total Engine Airflow Trick Flow 235's, PTK TwinTurbo by MikeTurbo, 120/160 lb injectors, xl750 fuel pump, e85, -10 feeds, fast 90, more boost. Power unknown at this time. )

Thank you to all my friends who helped me get this together.

Going to invest in an HD Gopro and make some sweet video love for you all.

Peace-
Old 02-19-2012, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That has to be a completely different animal now. Congrats for sticking with it. Now the payoff begins.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to see your finally back on the road and enjoying it
Old 02-19-2012, 10:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2000RATA
That has to be a completely different animal now. Congrats for sticking with it. Now the payoff begins.
Originally Posted by JoeyGC5
Glad to see your finally back on the road and enjoying it

Thanks fella's.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:32 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What's spool like with the 67s? Very nice car...
Old 02-20-2012, 12:19 AM
Staging Lane

Sweet car. That was alot of hp on your first motor im kinda interested to see what your hp is at now should go like a raped ape.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by westtexasbuff
What's spool like with the 67s? Very nice car...
Thanks man. I have a gear in the car that most would disagree with but, even with that gear, the car will go into boost very easily. You want more instant, down shift but, it seems like it does spool a hair quicker with more cubes.

Originally Posted by My1st4thgen
Sweet car. That was alot of hp on your first motor im kinda interested to see what your hp is at now should go like a raped ape.
Thanks bro. It did well last time around on a stock motor. Looking to mammoth that this time around but, I'm honestly just looking forward to having a vette again.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

finally ...
Congrats man.

I'm almost done too got the new short block , AFR225 heads and 3'inch exhaust.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by venom ws7
finally ...
Congrats man.

I'm almost done too got the new short block , AFR225 heads and 3'inch exhaust.

lol, thanks mang.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:34 PM
10 Second Club

very very very bad ***
Old 02-20-2012, 09:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Rickys S/C Z28
very very very bad ***

Thanks Ricky
Old 02-21-2012, 01:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thumbs up

Great to see you're back on the road. Congrats
Old 02-21-2012, 02:18 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The badassness of this thread is pegged at an all time high of 11.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks sick!
Old 02-21-2012, 06:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by RAACCR
Great to see you're back on the road. Congrats
Big thanks to You Rob,...and Darren and John,...could never have done it without you guys. Well, not as COOL anyways. lol. I'll bring it up to you guys one of these weekends. Just tell me where the closest E85 station is first though lol. Many thanks.

Originally Posted by willizm
The badassness of this thread is pegged at an all time high of 11.
haha,..thanks bro.

Originally Posted by 94LT1TA6spd

Looks sick!
Thanks holmes. It seems to be attracting attention on the streets too. People are giving me the WTF is that look. Now if I can just get it to perform....

FYI...the solid control arm bushings with coilovers and 295 fronts,...335 rears.....HOLY ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The car handles better and more responsive then anything I have driven other then a shifter car. WOW. And I haven't even installed the uppers yet. Highly recommend them so far. No creaks, or weirdness but, I will tell you I need to get an alignment....cause my car is sitting all cambered out looking like some sort of roadrace GT car. If only it had a chin spoiler....

Anywho...The car is ******* sick(i say that as humbly as possible). Getting the stamp of approval. .....kinks being worked out...the laundry list goes..

1)change fuel filters, replace one paper with stainless....thank you raceparts(hopefully I can change that after work tomorrow)

2)Speedo isn't working...gay...probably unplugged on trans/diff area...i'll hope it's that and I can tackle that tomorrow as well.

3)I have a MAF code...P0102....low frequency...never had that code till the new setup...it's not the maf, cause I have a few and swapped it and came back right away....even inhibited the car from starting once while "current". So, I need to diagnose that code,...which leads to #4...

4)The car breaks up....pretty narley...especially on throttle input...as in a leap from say 25% to 45% or more....it breaks up....air fuel is all over the ******* place....then you can feather it into boost,...then presto holyshitto it's accelerating pretty bad(good) but I can't really go full throttle cause my stupid *** left my drag radials two hours north

..so yeah,...fat chance in seeing what it's like in boost. Fuel pressure looks good, fuel pressure regulator seems to work... I have seen 75kpa...which is like 9-10psi I think according to data. Hoping my fuel filter clean and replacement(getting rid of one paper+1 stainless, I am going with two stainless filters).

5)Nexus boost gauge out. Gay. need to bust out power probe on it and see whats up.

6)upper A arms, all four, I need to change out factory rubber control arm bushings and replace with graphite ones,..or graphite appearing ones. Whatever. They're a nice add on. Then align.

7)I need a set of road race tires on all four corners...but,...I can't find RA1's anymore...I need 335's at least...who makes em? I'll have t buy two at a time. I have 295 fronts but could go smaller.

8)something is up with the linkage,..little bastard is difficult to get into reverse every once in a while.....the car was always flawless with shifting prior to this build..so It has to be linkage. Maybe the alignment pin for the shifter,..and shift rod deal.

Other then that....lots of odds and ends that are not important or critical the the vehicles road going ability.....I never cared about anything other then function anyways other then the car being clean. Things like the center console,...the whole thing is cracked in a couple of places. I tried to fix,...it looked flawless for a while but, I think the car idling cracked it at the repaired seams. lol. I tried. But, that, I wanna do vacuum lines better, hard lines, etc. Whatever else pops up along the way. I gotta hook may HIDS back up too,..dammit. I want tail pipes too...so,..that will have to be custom.

That nonsense said....just happy to have it back. The little stuff, will work itself out. Gona try and do this drag event this weekend but,..if it's not ready,...well, what can you do. Another day.

Thank you all, everyone very much for the compliments, it's much appreciated. I feel like I was waiting for a kid to be born,...planning,..etc....and now, it's born.

YYeeeeAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!

Last edited by V-seriesTech; 02-21-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Congrats on getting it back on the road man! Radiator still flat?
Old 02-21-2012, 09:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JAX04
Congrats on getting it back on the road man! Radiator still flat?

Thank you sir.

ALmost flat. I's say the bottom of the radiator was moved about 6 inches forward....I did that years ago for the procharger..so I could have a larger pipe off the blower inlet and a larger out of intercooler to throttlebody pipe. So six inches forward, which rakes the top of the radiator back, making it about level with the top of the vehicle frame rails...as you can see in the pics.....this is the best I can do om close-ups.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:13 PM
TECH Veteran

No cooling issues at all huh? I suppose not or you wouldnt be driving it, lol.

Looks great man. Thanks for the pics!
Old 02-21-2012, 09:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JAX04
No cooling issues at all huh? I suppose not or you wouldnt be driving it, lol.

Looks great man. Thanks for the pics!

Not at all man, no issues. I do obviously have a couple more frontal openings then factory but, it's ran cool even before all that. During the day, I don't think it went above 196degrees during the midday heat in South Florida...not the hottest day but, still a hot. 80's day. At night,...as low as 181 degrees....as high as 187. Stock radiator, I think it's a 160 stat(i wanna honestly say in the 170's but...forget)...LS2 vette style factory water pump, new...half dexcool, half water....two turbos, sitting right on top,...and I have a coolant crossover pipe, brass, passing between a downpipe and a header....touching,,,..wrapped but touching, heating, and still, these low temps.

I wish I could afford a radiator but I am not sure it would fit,..nor am I sure that I need one. Thanks again man.

Quick Reply: Back on the road.