Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV fresh air connection help

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PCV fresh air connection help

Looking for advice on where to connect the fresh air for my PCV, the connection on the front of the passenger valve cover. I don't think my throttle body has the connection for PCV like some do.

Should I just stab a connection in the intake elbow after the MAF sensor? Could I put it where the EGR would connect to the intake?

To be honest, I have a hard time understanding this whole setup. Lets say I plumb it to the intake elbow. It seems to me that if air is being drawn into the intake by the motor that putting a connection at this spot would draw air out of the passenger valve cover, not allow air in to the passenger valve cover. I would appreciate anyone who can describe how this works. (I know it ends up at the top of the intake after going thru the engine)
Old 03-10-2012, 07:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The PCV Freah Air Intake should be post MAF to make sure it is reading and metering all of the air going into the engine. If your Throttle body doesn't have a port, Then the intake tube/elbow would be ok, but after the MAF.

You would not be able to use the EGR port. That would create a vacumn and not fresh air. That is why it has to be post MAF but before the Throttle body.. unless you have port on the TB for Fresh air.. (see a OEM one, you will see that the port is just a passthru and not on the Vacumn side.

BC
Old 03-11-2012, 03:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Guessing you have a truck DBW TB without the port that leads in front og the blade. The inlet needs metered air, so it should be between the MAF and TB. You can put a port in your inlet tube, or in the TB like I did.

Quick Reply: PCV fresh air connection help